There is a life sciences revolution occurring being driven by the tremendous demand for cell and gene therapies. This demand coupled with the desire for collaboration, the availability of capital, regulatory mind shifts, technological developments, and bottlenecks in supply chains are creating tremendous opportunities for first movers and service providers. The Discovery Labs platform supports and drives this new environment by creating space for CGT Manufacturing, Research and Discovery and the all supporting services.
Are you looking for a company driven by innovation and passion for saving lives that will inspire you and empower you to challenge yourself every day? We are building an unprecedented enterprise that brings together the necessary capabilities, infrastructure, and world class leaders who serve one vision of saving the lives of millions of people. It will be impossible for us to achieve our goal without an experienced and tenacious team from around the globe. Our mission is to accelerate the delivery and affordability of lifesaving and life-changing therapies from discovery to commercialization. We understand to attract the best and brightest we have to endow our colleagues with the freedom to lead, build, hire and motivate their staff to accomplish our mission, while maintaining responsibility for producing the very best efforts and results for the organization. We are committed to delivering our client’s and their patients’ the advanced therapies and diagnostics that can transform chronic, inherited, and devastating diseases into good health and a life free of sickness. We strongly believe that great companies are made up by great people and a purposeful culture. We will continue to bring together those people who are called to cure the incurable, solve the unsolvable, and bring health to the unhealthy. Join us as Financial Analyst at our King of Prussia, PA flagship campus.
We are seeking a proven industry expert with a well-rounded and proficient understanding of finance, business and laboratory operations, and manufacturing of the worlds most advanced therapeutics and biologics to become our Financial Analyst. It is a very exciting time to join our fast-growing Cell and Gene Therapy Contract Development Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), especially if you are an individual who can think BOLDLY and THRIVE in an entrepreneurial setting. With the help of our Executive team, Senior Management, experienced staff and team members we will partner with some of the most cutting-edge biotechnology companies to help develop, manufacture and commercialize the world’s next-generation therapies.
The Financial Analyst will report to the VP of Financial Planning and Analysis and will be tasked with translating laboratory and manufacturing projects into budgets, resource planning systems, business intelligence and data analytics, supply chain and logistics reporting, budget and variance analysis, revenue and expense forecasting, and become a key contributor to the S&OP process. The Financial Analyst will serve as the main point-of-contact for the finance and operations teams as they seek to execute efficient and profitable development and manufacturing of cell and gene therapy projects.
• Routine updating of forecasts, financial reports, profitability and margin analysis, modeling, pro-forma, and performance metrics for the Discovery Labs.
• Prepares and distributes monthly financial reporting including consolidated, segment and departmental operating results, and provides quantitative analysis of key variances and trends. Coordinates with other business unit heads and finance team to complete analyses and reporting processes with accuracy and speed.
• Assist in budgeting, forecasting, consolidating month end reports, conducting budget-variance analysis, updating dashboards, and creation of pricing and operating models for The Discovery Labs and its subsidiaries.
• Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes. Participates in making critical decisions by translating cost data into useful information.
• Provides regular updates to management on key performance indicators and tracking of resource requirements.
• Develops, maintains, and improves complex Excel (or other system based) financial models with both short and long-term focus.
• Monitor performance indicators, risks and opportunities, highlight trends and analyze causes of unexpected variances.
• This position plays a support role in guiding The Discovery Labs towards the realization of full adoption and financial performance from technology investments and assets.
• Participates in special projects, cross training and performs ad-hoc duties and analysis as required.
Technical Skills and Abilities:
• Strong analytical, strategic, problem solving and organizational skills with an ability to translate information into analyses for actionable decisions by management.
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
• Ability to build strong cross functional relationships within an organization
• Experience operating in a multi-disciplinary drug development environment
• Team player with the ability to work independently, proactively and effectively under pressure
• Broad business acumen and sound business judgment
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and intermediate knowledge of PowerPoint
• Experience with ERP systems like SAP and Microsoft Dynamics preferred
• Current with relevant financial, business, scientific and medical landscape in support of Discovery Labs strategy and profitability
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or closely related field from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 3-5 years of finance and accounting experience required
• Experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry preferred
• Demonstrated experience with manufacturing cost accounting is preferred