There is a life sciences revolution occurring being driven by the tremendous demand for cell and gene therapies. This demand coupled with the desire for collaboration, the availability of capital, regulatory mind shifts, technological developments, and bottlenecks in supply chains are creating tremendous opportunities for first movers and service providers. The Discovery Labs platform supports and drives this new environment by creating space for CGT Manufacturing, Research and Discovery and the all supporting services.
Sr. Finance and Operations Analyst
Are you looking for a company driven by innovation and passion for saving lives that will inspire you and empower you to challenge yourself every day? We are building an unprecedented enterprise that brings together the necessary capabilities, infrastructure, and world class leaders who serve one vision of saving the lives of millions of people. It will be impossible for us to achieve our goal without an experienced and tenacious team from around the globe. Our mission is to accelerate the delivery and affordability of lifesaving and life-changing therapies from discovery to commercialization. We understand to attract the best and brightest we have to endow our colleagues with the freedom to lead, build, hire and motivate their staff to accomplish our mission, while maintaining responsibility for producing the very best efforts and results for the organization. We are committed to delivering our client’s and their patients’ the advanced therapies and diagnostics that can transform chronic, inherited, and devastating diseases into good health and a life free of sickness. We strongly believe that great companies are made up by great people and a purposeful culture. We will continue to bring together those people who are called to cure the incurable, solve the unsolvable, and bring health to the unhealthy. Join us as Sr. Finance and Operations Analyst at our King of Prussia, PA flagship campus.
We are seeking a proven industry expert with a well-rounded and proficient understanding of finance, business and laboratory operations, and manufacturing of the worlds most advanced therapeutics/biologics to become our Sr. Finance and Operations Analyst. It is a very exciting time to join our fast-growing Cell and Gene Therapy Contract Development Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), especially if you are an individual who can think BOLDLY and THRIVE in an entrepreneurial setting. With the help of our Executive team, Senior Management, experienced staff and team members we will partner with some of the most cutting-edge biotechnology companies to help develop, manufacture and commercialize the world’s next-generation therapies.
The Sr. Finance and Operations Analyst will report to the VP of Financial Planning and Analysis and will be tasked with translating laboratory and manufacturing projects into budgets, resource planning systems, business intelligence and data analytics, supply chain and logistics reporting, budget and variance analysis, revenue and expense forecasting, and become a key contributor to the S&OP process. The Sr. Finance and Operations Analyst will serve as the main point-of-contact for the finance and operations teams as they seek to execute efficient and profitable development and manufacturing of cell and gene therapy projects.
• Assist in the definition, planning and implementation of the financial reporting and business analytics platforms for The Discovery Labs including but not limited to enterprise resource planning systems, business intelligence and data analytics, LIMS, QMS, supply chain and logistics reporting, budget and variance analysis, revenue and expense forecasting, and key contributor to S&OP process.
• Provide business support, analysis, and financial planning to all business units. Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
• Ability to understand and document the drug development, manufacturing, and laboratory process flows, process narratives, and outcomes. Apply this understanding to financial and operational improvement efforts.
• Effectively gather and process operational information from varied business units heads that allows for creation of annual budgets and ability to conduct routine budget variance and profitability analyses.
• Provides regular updates to management on key performance indicators and tracking of resource requirements. Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
• This position plays a key stakeholder role in guiding The Discovery Labs towards the realization of full adoption and financial performance from technology investments and assets.
• Work cross-functionally to drive major business initiatives and play a guiding role in setting the long-term financial and operational directions of the company.
• Responsible for input and maintenance of the Discovery Labs pro-forma, annual operating budget, monthly reporting, capital expenditures plan, and billing collections.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong knowledge of finance, operations, cell and gene therapy, and analytical tools with an ability to translate this information into actionable decisions for management review.
• Successful track record of working in a matrix organization while building strong partnerships with other organizations including R&D, Manufacturing and Senior Management Team.
• Experience operating in a multi-disciplinary drug development environment including international experience and exposure to a variety of therapeutic areas.
• Current with relevant financial, business, scientific and medical landscape in support of Discovery Labs strategy and profitability
• Strong understanding of the drug development process, government policies, code of federal regulations, cGMP, and GXP specifically in Cell and Gene Therapies.
• Extensive experience in cGMP and other Regulatory compliance requirements (GLP, GCP, CMC, preclinical).
• Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
• Ability to take calculated risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
• Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
• Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless results
• Advanced business or scientific degree highly preferred (MS, MBA)
• 5-10 years in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and manufacturing industry
• 5-10 years of direct management experience leading finance, operations, manufacturing and/or laboratory setting