There is a life sciences revolution occurring being driven by the tremendous demand for cell and gene therapies. This demand coupled with the desire for collaboration, the availability of capital, regulatory mind shifts, technological developments, and bottlenecks in supply chains are creating tremendous opportunities for first movers and service providers. The Discovery Labs platform supports and drives this new environment by creating space for CGT Manufacturing, Research and Discovery and the all supporting services.
Are you looking for a company driven by innovation and passion for saving lives that will inspire you and empower you to challenge yourself every day?
At The Discovery Labs Center for Breakthrough Medicines, we are building an unprecedented enterprise that brings together the necessary capabilities, infrastructure, and world-class leaders to facilitate the development and manufacturing of cell and gene therapies from bench to bedside.
The Discovery Labs Center for Breakthrough Medicines aims to be the leading global provider of world-class cGMP manufacturing, turnkey laboratory solutions, critical materials, and office space that support therapeutic products and services to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry. Our mission is to help accelerate the delivery and affordability of life-changing therapies to those who so desperately need them. Through seamless access to the development and manufacturing capabilities required to launch innovative cell and gene therapies, The Discovery Labs Center for Breakthrough Medicines can deliver the therapies needed to save countless lives. Our gene therapy resources and manufacturing technologies address the full spectrum of service needs from early-stage innovation through commercial launch.
The Discovery Labs Center for Breakthrough Medicines is looking for a Director of Operational Excellence and Training to lead our highly innovative team and add significant value to the organization.
Job Summary: In this role, the Director of Operational Excellence and Training will provide leadership on Lean strategy and deployment for The Center for Breakthrough Medicine’s flagship manufacturing site. Develop the capability of manufacturing, administrative groups and improvement leaders through training, mentoring and coaching. Coordinate strategic planning, including goal and objective development. In this key role you will focus on building the culture and skills within CBM to identify opportunities for improvement and enable individuals and teams to independently implement solutions, with a focus on processes, tools, talent and skills Identify and improve critical processes necessary to achieve annual targets. Assure that production processes are repeatable and capable of meeting specifications. Provide methods of reliably reporting the status of improvement metrics.
• Implement continuous improvement methodologies to identify, evaluate, and deploy process improvement opportunities. Work with all stakeholders in a research environment to improve processes in a sustainable and measurable way.
• Develop Operational Excellence strategy and roadmap, identifying and resourcing high-impact initiatives across CBM. Be transparent in strategy and efforts to leadership and lead the process of management review of the Operational Excellence portfolio.
• Lead cross functional teams in understanding the current condition of assigned processes / systems, develop target conditions, establish plans to close the gap and coach teams to successfully optimize value.
• Utilize change management methodologies to engage stakeholders in the implementation of operational excellence initiatives. Implement, deploy and manage communication and change management plans.
• Support others to establish long-term goals and measurable targets for improvement based on a sound understanding and benchmarking of best-in-class. Establish mechanisms for reporting on appropriate quality, cycle-time, productivity, compliance and financial metrics.
• Decrease cycle-time of drug discovery and manufacturing through waste reduction and process improvement.
• Ensure resources are focused on the most impactful opportunities, by appropriate project selection and prioritization.
• Form and coach Operational Excellence project teams and set and deliver on achievable milestones. Write and obtain endorsement for business cases and resource justifications as required.
• Coach and mentor stakeholders, team members, and CBM employees at all levels to support them through the adoption of lean principles and practices and be recognized as an expert in the application of improvement processes and tools.
• Represent CBM to external stakeholders, fostering collaboration and understanding firm-wide.
• Bachelor's required, Master’s preferred; engineering or science major preferred.
• 5+ years working in Operational Excellence with a focus on Lean.
• Must possess experience demonstrating and using Six Sigma/Lean tools and methodologies. (Black Belt preferred)
• Measurable track record of delivering results in an operations environment, including implementation and leadership of continuous improvement programs.
• Change management / transformational projects experience and ability to influence at all levels.
• Project management, design thinking, problem-solving and team development skills
• High energy, relentless optimism in pursuit of achieving outcomes.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including proven track record in facilitation, training, and presentation.