Recovery Centers of America
Recovery Centers of America (RCA) was created in pursuit of one goal: Help 1 million patients achieve a full life of recovery by providing evidence-based alcohol and drug addiction treatment, as well as eating disorder treatment. We believe patients who are treated well get well sooner, which is why we treat every patient with dignity, discretion, and respect.
We’re on a mission to deliver the highest-quality, most affordable, and most accessible addiction treatment available. More importantly, we’re on a mission to save lives. We provide our patients with a complete continuum of care including medically-monitored detoxification, residential inpatient, intensive outpatient (IOP), partial hospitalization (PHP) and general outpatient (GOP) – offered both in-person and via telehealth – as well as a variety of free community support meetings at our neighborhood-based centers for addiction treatment.
The Payroll Supervisor Supervises Payroll representatives, ensuring that all processes are executed appropriately and in a timely manner. Operates as the subject matter expert and escalation point to resolve issues. This individual manages effective internal/external client relationships within own area of responsibility and builds client relationships in the wider group or unit. Provides guidance on ad hoc reporting for management requests.
- Supervisors of the day-to-day operations of the payroll department including payroll processing with third-party processor.
- Interpret day-to-day business objectives and preparation/execution of operational practices.
- Prepares statistical reports on employee pay for finance team.
- Responds to questions and issues, providing information and developing solutions as needed.
- Reviews and approves special payments and paychecks. Such as manual checks.
- Follow-up with RCA managers as required on timecards. Follow-up on un-cashed checks, calculations of retro or pro-rated pay, tax jurisdiction review and updates, review of address exception reports, collection of jury duty checks, stop payment requests, overpayments, and review of payroll reports.
- Audit’s payroll information for accuracy.
- Understanding of payroll related local, state, federal tax laws including compliance with payroll tax reporting and withholding requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising the department Director on needed actions.
- Review of termination documentation and determination of final payout amounts for terminated employees.
- Oversight of the wage attachment process.
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements.
- In depth understanding of payroll calculations such as over time, differential pay for shift work and deductions.
- Supervises payroll coordinator.
- Perform additional procedures as directed by direct supervisor or as necessary.
- 5+ years’ experience in payroll including supervisory experience
- 3-4 years’ experience in the intricacies of running a full payroll for multiple locations
- Solid knowledge of payroll practices
- Must have thorough knowledge of payroll taxes (including multi state), compliance, cafeteria benefits, fringe benefits, garnishments, etc.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and communication skills
- Working knowledge of email, Internet Explorer, Excel and Access.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- ADP WFN experience preferred