At GENETWORx Laboratory, we improve the health and wellness of lives around the world through dedicated research, experienced scientists, 21-st century technology, and in-depth diagnostics. Healthcare is personal and as such, the future needs to be, too. By intersecting genetic testing with personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics, we’re positioning our patients and empowering physicians with more precise, individualized, effective results.
As a leader in precision COVID-19 testing, GENETWORx provides unparalleled support, results, and clarity during these uncertain times. GENETWORx has armed healthcare providers, employers and universities with rapid and accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing which is essential for reopening businesses and communities.
Genetworx is seeking a ROCKSTAR team of innovative, resilient, intelligent, adaptable, and compassionate people that are inspired by making a difference! We want YOU to come join us, so WE can make this difference together!
The Difference-Making Role: Senior Medical Technologist
The Senior Medical Laboratory Technologist provides oversight of accurate and timely testing and results to requesting physicians for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. The Senior Medical Laboratory Technologist should have a deep understanding of testing principles, Quality Control, leadership, and teamwork. A positive and professional interpersonal style with a strong commitment to the team effort is mandatory. This is going to be for a MOBILE LAB: meaning that the lab will be moving to different locations and processing Covid-19 tests on the go!
3rd Shift weekdays – Sun-Thurs (11pm-7:30am) or Tue-Sat (11pm-7:30am)
- Performs clinical testing consistently according to established standard operating procedures as described in procedure manuals, quality control specifications and workflow guidelines.
- Responsible for the completion of any special projects, process improvements or new method introduction at the request of the Lab Manager.
- Ensures that all workflow processes are completed within acceptable time frames. Monitors TAT report to ensure timely reporting of the results.
- Responsible for the maintenance and organization of all documentation generated by the laboratory or by instrumentation such as QC, calibrations, etc..
- Understand and observe all confidentiality and HIPAA provisions.
- Recognize and convey to management any departmental improvements necessary.
- Responsible for all equipment in assigned areas of work.
- Performs processing, result entry, and quality control for all chemistry specimens.
- Assist other technologists with all problems, initiate resolution of errors, document discrepancies, perform troubleshooting on all instruments trained on and resolve all errors and other problems; initiate service calls when appropriate.
- Independently perform diagnostic testing with accuracy, precision, and efficiency following established SOPs. Report diagnostic data in compliance with policies, SOPs, and turn-around-time schedules with fewer than 2 LIS correction per month.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and interpret test data reflective to the patient's diagnosis, clinical status, age, gender, etc.
- Constant review of current procedures and coordinate changes, with supervisor approval, in order to implement procedures that will facilitate more accurate and timely reporting of patient results.
- Graduate from an MLT/MT/CLS program who passed a registry (preferably ASCP).
- Ability to perform laboratory mathematics.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted activities.
- Ability to look beyond daily functions to implement higher standards through evaluation and education.
- Ability to work and succeed in a team environment.