At GENETWORx Laboratory, we improve the health and wellness of lives around the world through dedicated research, experienced scientists, 21-st century technology, and in-depth diagnostics. Healthcare is personal and as such, the future needs to be, too. By intersecting genetic testing with personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics, we’re positioning our patients and empowering physicians with more precise, individualized, effective results.
As a leader in precision COVID-19 testing, GENETWORx provides unparalleled support, results, and clarity during these uncertain times. GENETWORx has armed healthcare providers, employers and universities with rapid and accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing which is essential for reopening businesses and communities.
Must be available to work weekends. Day and night shifts available. Specimen Accessioning and Processing (Laboratory Receiving) is the section of the laboratories where specimens are received, sorted, entered into the Laboratory Information System, labelled with barcoded labels and processed. Once the processing step has been completed, the specimens are forwarded on to the various sections of the Laboratory for testing.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accession and process specimen tubes and other samples received for in-house testing and reference laboratories.
- Sorting of specimens, bar-coding and checking documentation.
- Data entry of requisitions into the computer system in a timely manner.
- Validate all information for specimens, patient demographics, and billing information.
- Report any inconsistencies in accessioning, data entry, specimen identification and sample type to supervisor.
- Data entry of specimens going to reference laboratories
- Validate any data entered in the computer by comparing with data on the requisition forms.
- Displays a positive and professional attitude, demonstrates dependability, contributes in a team environment and possess an impeccable work ethic.
- Insures receipt, registration and accessioning of all specimens that come into the laboratory.
- Assist in registration, accessioning and missing information of all specimens received
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions on documents such as; SOP's, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Active participant in the implementation of departmental programs designed to improve performance.
- Assists Manager in the training and coaching of new and existing team members to maximize performance.
- Gathers missing information as required by the laboratory.
- Offers recommendations to management for improvement with products, packaging, shipping methods, service, billing methods and procedures.
- Communicates complaints concerning service failures to designated department manager(s) for investigation and follows through on specific incidents if applicable.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills: tactful, mature, flexible and professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide exceptional service to clients, sales representatives and interdepartmental staff members.
- Demonstrates resourceful, organized and efficient work habits
- Examines pertinent information to determine accuracy of customer requests and related paperwork.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Understands, supports, and complies with all company policies, processes and procedures.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by management
- Understands and observes all confidentiality and HIPAA provisions
- Responsible for all equipment in assigned areas of work
- Must obey all safety rules and regulations at all times.
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in a customer services position preferred.
- Experience: One (1) to three (3) years' experience gained through laboratory/healthcare field.