At GENETWORx Laboratory, we improve the health and wellness of lives around the world through dedicated research, experienced scientists, 21-st century technology, and in-depth diagnostics. Healthcare is personal and as such, the future needs to be, too. By intersecting genetic testing with personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics, we’re positioning our patients and empowering physicians with more precise, individualized, effective results.
As a leader in precision COVID-19 testing, GENETWORx provides unparalleled support, results, and clarity during these uncertain times. GENETWORx has armed healthcare providers, employers and universities with rapid and accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing which is essential for reopening businesses and communities.
The IT Infrastructure Managers leads the IT and Infrastructure team in the maintenance and operation of internal and external-facing services 24/7. This role will be responsible for managing infrastructure quality by establishing service level objectives and discussing with business stakeholders the right balance between quality (availability, security, performance, etc.) and cost, and work to improve each in order to better support clinicians, users and the business.
- Establish service level objective for internal and external services, monitor, and improve services levels in a cost-effective manner
- Architect, design, and manage implementation of infrastructure to support growing business needs
- Document, communicate, and enforce IT governance rules and manage system-related risk
- Lead incident response and troubleshooting of production issues
- Provide technology leadership and articulate infrastructure strategy, especially with respect to advances like containers, infrastructure automation, cloud infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience required
- Experience with Windows and Linux or other Unix system administration required
- Experience maintaining a high availability production web sites and solid understanding of web related technologies from network to application level
- 3+ years of experience managing an IT Infrastructure team based on established SLA’s or KPI’s
- Project management and network monitoring experience
- Ability to write documentation that appropriately explains the processes and procedures used in the IT department
- Experience developing software, especially web applications preferred
- Experience working with containers (Docker), infrastructure automation technologies (Ansible/Chef/Puppet), CI/CD preferred
- Expertise with relational databases, their configuration and administration preferred