The Center for Breakthrough Medicines is on track to be the largest single-site cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization in the world. Our comprehensive service offering accelerates speed to market through supply chain disruption mitigation strategies, end-to-end program management expertise and unique platform technology with the ability to follow a molecule from idea to commercialization. CBM’s integrated approach provides high quality and consistent end-to-end manufacturing capability including: Process and Analytical Development; Plasmid DNA production; Viral Vector Production of Lentivirus; AAV and Adenovirus; Testing and Analytics; Autologous, Allogeneic and Gene-edited Cell Therapy Bioprocessing; and Cell banking. CBM’s horizontal and vertical integration provides one source throughout a product’s life cycle.
CBM’s mission is to accelerate the delivery and affordability of lifesaving and life-changing therapies from discovery to market by offering a complete solution for the development and commercialization of cell and gene therapies.
CBM is located just outside of Philadelphia in the Heart of Cellicon Valley on The Discovery Labs campus set on 300 acres with 2.4 million square feet of life sciences lab and manufacturing space, allowing clients to scale their development and manufacturing needs without ever having to change sites, while providing employees a true community campus experience focused exclusively on life sciences.
The Discovery Labs is a Global Platform Company inclusive of CBM, The Discovery Labs Properties, UniteIQ incubator labs, and The Colony, a unique investment and resource model enabling groundbreaking therapies to be brought to life.
Center for Breakthrough Medicines is seeking a self-motivated EUS and Infrastructure Manager to join their Information Technology team. The ideal candidate will oversee the delivery, maintenance, and support of the CFBM network and server cloud based and on-site infrastructure. The role will also build strong relationships with CFBM vendors and staff while providing End User Support services. The EUS and Infrastructure Manager will provide technology leadership and navigate infrastructure strategy to deliver the best end user support.
- Accountable for the delivery, maintenance, and support of the CFBM network and server cloud based and on-premises infrastructure, as well as End User Support IT services to CFBM staff, as provided by our infrastructure and networking prime contractor.
- Oversee the delivery of the prime contractor deliverables, schedule, and invoicing against agreed-upon contracts.
- Review contractor processes and procedures to ensure compliance of applicable CBM systems and services with GMP regulations.
- Monitor the delivery of End User Support services, track performance, manage the resolution of all IT infrastructure related incidents, and provide the prime contractor any additional information required to address end-user requests.
- Produce KPIs on all aspect of IT infrastructure, networking and security operations and regularly report to CBM senior management.
- Coordinate with the CBM systems deployment projects the delivery of the prime contractor resources to support the project such as server, network and backup requirements, Okta/AD integration, etc.
- Establish service level objectives for the prime contractor and monitor and improve the services levels in a cost-effective manner.
- Document, communicate, and enforce IT governance rules and manage system-related risk, and lead incident response and troubleshooting of production issues.
- Provide technology leadership and articulate infrastructure strategy, especially with respect to advances like infrastructure automation, cloud infrastructure and systems security.
- Responsible for the administration of the on-site access control system.
- Manage the inventory and deployment of end user devices and associated software licenses and supporting end-user utilities such as printers and biometric Access Control device.
- Identify problems, recommend solutions, estimate cost, get approval from finance, and work with vendors to source and install equipment while minimizing negative operations impact.
- On-site presence required
- Work with vendors on the ground when service or implementations is required
- Identify, evaluate, and maintain vendor relationships
- 4 Year College degree BE/B Tech in Computer Science, IS or equivalent work experience and/or technical training
- 3+ years of experience managing an IT Infrastructure team based on established SLA’s or KPI’s
- Possess a sound understanding of cloud-based infrastructure networking and computing, and security systems infrastructure and security monitoring
- Experience with Windows or other system administration required
- Proven experience with Virtualization Platforms (e.g., VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Experienced with Cloud Computing and Storage (Azure)
- Experience maintaining a high availability infrastructure services and solid understanding of web related technologies from network to application level
- Knowledge of databases, telecommunications, VoIP, unified communications, firewalls, Internet, helpdesk, Intranet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent technical leadership skills
- Experience working in a regulated industry, preferably biopharmaceutical GxP operations preferred
- Experience deploying, administering, and supporting Microsoft SharePoint and Teams a plus
- Certification programs (AWS, Cisco, Microsoft SharePoint) a plus
Reports to: Vice President of Information Technology and Security