At GENETWORx Laboratory, we improve the health and wellness of lives around the world through dedicated research, experienced scientists, 21-st century technology, and in-depth diagnostics. Healthcare is personal and as such, the future needs to be, too. By intersecting genetic testing with personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics, we’re positioning our patients and empowering physicians with more precise, individualized, effective results.
As a leader in precision COVID-19 testing, GENETWORx provides unparalleled support, results, and clarity during these uncertain times. GENETWORx has armed healthcare providers, employers and universities with rapid and accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing which is essential for reopening businesses and communities.
The Laboratory Coding Team Leader is responsible for communicating company goals, ensuring compliance with standards, motivating team members, assessing performance, and providing guidance, instruction, and training, to inspire their high-performing team.
- Develops and implements a timeline to achieve targets immediately.
- Exhibits strong communication skills and positive attitude with internal (team members, other departments, and leadership) and external customers (patients, clients, insurance companies, vendors, and employers).
- Alerts the Billing Supervisor and/or the Manager Lab Revenue Cycle of any anomalies with the integrity of contracts and/or contract databases.
- Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals.
- Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, company related objectives, and deadlines
- Evaluate and assign appropriate CPT or HCPC codes for laboratory testing including, but not limited to, potential future services.
- Performs the correct revenue cycle process (i.e. billing or payment posting functions) to adjudicate claim within payers timely filing guidelines.
- Coordinates activity with internal and external customers and serves as primary contact person for issues relating to revenue cycle
- Participates as a team member by performing additional assignments not directly related to the job description when workload requires and as directed by management.
- Maintains a positive attitude and conducts his/herself in a manner conducive to improving the working environment and morale
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 4+ years' experience in a position meeting and communicating with the public.
- 4+ years of billing, payment posting, or A/R experience in a healthcare setting.
- Experience in medical and laboratory coding and billing, AAPC coding certification preferred.
- Experience analyzing company needs, employee development, and goal setting.
- Instructional experience in a group business setting preferred.
- Investigative mind and strong research skills