At GENETWORx Laboratory, we improve the health and wellness of lives around the world through dedicated research, experienced scientists, 21-st century technology, and in-depth diagnostics. Healthcare is personal and as such, the future needs to be, too. By intersecting genetic testing with personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics, we’re positioning our patients and empowering physicians with more precise, individualized, effective results.
As a leader in precision COVID-19 testing, GENETWORx provides unparalleled support, results, and clarity during these uncertain times. GENETWORx has armed healthcare providers, employers and universities with rapid and accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing which is essential for reopening businesses and communities.
The Lab Billing Supervisor is responsible for a variety of duties including the daily oversight of Non-Client Billing and providing feedback on accounts receivable issues to the Lab Revenue Cycle team. The Billing Supervisor leads the Lab Billing Team in all aspects of revenue cycle including, but not limited to, submitting claims, billing follow-up, self-pay collections, payment posting, and answering any consumer questions or concerns.
- Directly manage the Lab Billing Team; provide guidance and training
- Ensure productivity standards are met and work distribution is monitored/adjusted
- Understand/ensure compliance for regulatory, accreditation and system process
- Alert Manager of Lab Revenue Cycle regarding any anomalies with the integrity of the billing database
- Review monthly/weekly accounts receivable dashboards; identify opportunities for improvement and develop plan to implement
- Review accounts receivable on at least a monthly basis
- Prepare/submit clean claims to various insurance companies or federally funded programs
- Manage unbilled claims; research and resolve issues as appropriate
- Manage credit and adjustment reports
- Navigate through 3rd party payer rules and regulations
- Maintain current knowledge of payer regulations
- Perform correct revenue cycle process (i.e. billing or payment posting functions) to adjudicate claim within payers timely filing guidelines
- Manage rejections from clearinghouse
- Provide effective and accurate processing and posting of insurance payments
- Resolve discrepancies in payment allowances and ensures appropriate payer compliance
- Take actions to report on Key Performance Indicators such as clean claim rate, days in accounts receivable, bad debt percentage, etc.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent GED; Associates degree preferred
- 4+ years' experience in a position meeting and communicating with the public
- 4+ years of billing, payment posting, or accounts receivable experience in a healthcare setting
- At least one year of supervisory experience of at least ten employees
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel