MYONEX - For over 30 years we have a been leading global clinical trial supply company. Our service portfolio offers complete solutions around clinical trials for our partners. Myonex adds value to our clients by helping them always be prepared for what is next in their clinical trials. Our goal is to make sure our partners have whatever they need, when and where they need it, to execute a successful clinical trial, while minimizing delays, unnecessary costs, and surprises. With 2,000+ annual trials/ projects, 200+ active clients and global access to source drugs in over 60 countries, Myonex is a complete partner for clinical trials around the globe.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Manager, Warehouse Manager to join our HQ team in Horsham, PA.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of the warehouse. Delegate and evaluate assigned work of staff, assist in solving problems, and implement solutions that will result in timely and accurate completion of tasks.
- Support facilities management on an as needed basis. This includes monitoring of temperature software and on-site alarm response. Serve as a contact for facility situations out of hours and respond as necessary to support the business.
- Support Warehouse Operations Manager in with warehousing activities, including, but not limited to distribution operations, scheduling, inventory control, training, performance management and people development.
- Interface with internal customers to successfully execute urgent and patient impacting orders while maintaining day to day workflow.
- Monitor performance and unforced errors of warehouse personnel. Make recommendations for process and performance improvement and address proactively.
- Assess productivity and compliance of warehouse personnel and make recommendations for process and performance improvement. Ensure all warehouse activities are in full compliance to Quality, Safety and Regulatory initiatives. Respond to audits observations from quality, regulatory agencies and the customer.
- Support quality targets and ensure all employees adhere and comply with quality standards and SOPs.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Create training plan and assist in execution of training for both newly hired Warehouse Technicians and retraining of existing warehouse personnel. Provide input on performance and make recommendations for personnel actions.
- Drive cost improvement activities by identifying system improvements, headcount optimization, and improved square footage utilization opportunities.
- Develop and execute strategy to efficiently support special projects, as well as new service offerings.
- Assists in the Warehouse Technician interview process.
- Participate in response and resolution of all customer complaints related to warehouse operations.
- Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned, including in the Office and Warehouse.
- Provide oversight and responsible for inventory control, specifically completion and documentation of bi annual cycle-counting and physical inventories as dictated by business need.
- Identify and move expired material into Quarantine and communicate with appropriate parties to initiate returns.
- Order supplies and conduct periodic re-evaluation of effectiveness of supplies (i.e.,: temperature controlled shippers, temperature monitors, etc.)
- Ensures that GMP warehouse functions are being performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Embody the Myonex Core Values
- Be a Great Team Player
- Be Customer Focused
- Learn & Grow
- Find a Way
- 5 years previous hands-on management experience leading projects that focus on operational improvement and performance management, preferably in a highly regulated industry.
- Understanding and experience in Secondary Production operations
- BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or the equivalent industry experience is required (with a strong background in managing personnel, processes, and procedures).
- Six Sigma and/or LEAN certification (Green belt) desire
- Advance level skills in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and internet functions
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical, medical device or related industry, as well as process improvement, operational efficiency and working with third-party service providers. Experience in managing domestic and international shipments.
- Strong understanding of GMP warehouse operations/secondary packaging including receiving, quarantine and release of material in refrigerated and frozen environments.
- Strong understanding of GMP warehousing operations and comfort with staff and process oversight during these projects.
- Understanding and experience working in robust ERPs.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with ability to effectively work and collaborate with multiple departments/functions.
- Compliance and understanding of cGMPs, CFRs, FDA, DEA, IATA, DG, SOPs, Regulatory, Importing/Exporting, INCOTERMS, Materials Management, cold-chain, and state licensing. Understands and can develop SOPs.
- Strong leader and problem solver with the ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals. Can also work independently under general instructions, is self-directed and motivated.
- Background in successful compilation, origination and completion of quality documentation such as deviations and change controls.
- Commitment, drive, and ability to succeed within a fast-paced organization. Good communication skills; written and verbal. Effective coaching, presentation, and team building skills.
- Strong understanding of highly regulated industries, process improvement, project management and working with freight carriers, customs brokers and third-party service providers.
- Previous experience leading and supporting projects that focus on performance management and operational improvement.
- Strong leader, problem solver and team player. Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with ability to effectively work and collaborate with multiple departments/functions. Can also work independently under general instructions, is self-directed and motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and understand Business Procedures and Process Flows.
- Proficient with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems to manage day-to-day business activities such as supply chain and warehouse operations, and compliance.
- Excellent communication skills.