At GENETWORx Laboratory, we improve the health and wellness of lives around the world through dedicated research, experienced scientists, 21-st century technology, and in-depth diagnostics. Healthcare is personal and as such, the future needs to be, too. By intersecting genetic testing with personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics, we’re positioning our patients and empowering physicians with more precise, individualized, effective results.
As a leader in precision COVID-19 testing, GENETWORx provides unparalleled support, results, and clarity during these uncertain times. GENETWORx has armed healthcare providers, employers and universities with rapid and accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing which is essential for reopening businesses and communities.
The Phlebotomist Field Technician serves as the key customer interface between GENETWORx Laboratories and physician clients. The employee in this position will collect (as applicable), process and ship specimens to be received exclusively by GENETWORx Laboratories. This employee will be responsible for operating within all applicable guidelines and staying current with all professional and safety training as well as licensure as appropriate.
- Perform venipuncture and other blood-collection procedures for specimens to be sent exclusively to GENETWORx Laboratories
- Perform urine drug screen (and additional specimen) collections according to laboratory requirements
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of labeling on all specimens, process specimens to assure specimen viability and quality analysis
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all requisition forms for the identification, processing and billing of all specimens
- Package/ship specimens to be sent exclusively to GENETWORx Laboratories via assigned courier services in a manner that meets DOT and IATA regulations
- Operate and maintain all equipment associated with GENETWORx Laboratories
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies necessary for the collection and processing of specimens
- Coordinate or respond to (as appropriate) company, client and patient inquiries
- Perform all required tasks in a fashion that meets or exceeds legal and regulatory standards including, but not limited to: privacy/confidentiality laws (e.g. HIPAA,) conflict-of-interest laws (e.g. Stark law and federal anti-kickback law,) and laboratory operations regulations (e.g. OSHA, CLIA, CAP.)
- Identify/convey to management any real or potential issues that could interfere with the company's ability to provide services
- Responsible for the maintenance and submission of time keeping and time off requests
- Maintain all personal licensure and training requirements as applicable
- High School Diploma with a minimum of two (2) years recent experience in the healthcare field.
- Registry in ASCP or NCA preferred
- Three (3) to (5) years of working experience with development of increased independent responsibility