At GENETWORx Laboratory, we improve the health and wellness of lives around the world through dedicated research, experienced scientists, 21-st century technology, and in-depth diagnostics. Healthcare is personal and as such, the future needs to be, too. By intersecting genetic testing with personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics, we’re positioning our patients and empowering physicians with more precise, individualized, effective results.
As a leader in precision COVID-19 testing, GENETWORx provides unparalleled support, results, and clarity during these uncertain times. GENETWORx has armed healthcare providers, employers and universities with rapid and accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing which is essential for reopening businesses and communities.
Under remote administrative direction, the Molecular Laboratory Manager is responsible for overseeing and leading a team of Supervisors and Medical Technologists in a mobile laboratory focusing specifically on COVID-19 testing. This position is responsible for complex laboratory procedures and has broad decision-making authority, and independence.
- Supervises, directs, plans, develops, implements, evaluates and oversees the execution of daily operations of the molecular diagnostic laboratory.
- Acts as a liaison between the laboratory and management.
- Provides medical laboratory diagnostic and therapeutic information, products, and services by establishing specimen preparation procedures; developing and implementing analytical procedures; evaluating laboratory information; consulting with physicians; reporting results per protocols mandated by the laboratory.
- Maintains medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment service/repair
- Maintains medical laboratory supplies inventory
- Maintains quality assurance by performing proficiency surveys; reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs; making adjustments in policy and procedures; generating reports; maintaining records
- Maintains medical laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing user manuals; maintaining security and confidentiality
- Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress
- Maintains laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Must meet requirements for Technical Supervisor under CLIA:
- Doctorate in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science and 1 year training and experience in the respective specialty; OR
- Have earned a master's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution; and Have at least 2 years of laboratory training or experience, or both, in high complexity testing with a minimum of 6 months experience in high complexity testing within the specialty OR
- Have earned a bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution; and have at least 4 years of laboratory training or experience, or both, in high complexity testing with a minimum of 6 months experience in high complexity testing within the specialty.
- Extensive knowledge of science and laboratory procedures, specialized molecular diagnostic laboratory tests, blood test procedures, and medical terminology to perform specialized medical laboratory diagnostic tests is required
- Valid state appropriate Certificate of Qualification Holder preferred