At GENETWORx Laboratory, we improve the health and wellness of lives around the world through dedicated research, experienced scientists, 21-st century technology, and in-depth diagnostics. Healthcare is personal and as such, the future needs to be, too. By intersecting genetic testing with personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics, we’re positioning our patients and empowering physicians with more precise, individualized, effective results.
As a leader in precision COVID-19 testing, GENETWORx provides unparalleled support, results, and clarity during these uncertain times. GENETWORx has armed healthcare providers, employers and universities with rapid and accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing which is essential for reopening businesses and communities.
The Registration Team Lead coordinates workflows in one or more of the following areas: Technical Services, Accessioning, Specimen Management and Referrals, data entry, results transmissions, customer services, and administration.
- Accession and process specimen tubes and other samples received for in-house testing and reference laboratories.
- Sorting of specimens, bar-coding and checking documentation.
- Data entry of requisitions into the computer system in a timely manner.
- Validate all information for specimens, patient demographics, and billing information.
- Report any inconsistencies in accessioning, data entry, specimen identification and sample type to supervisor.
- Data entry of specimens going to reference laboratories
- Validate any data entered in the computer by comparing with data on the requisition forms.
- Ensures receipt, registration and accessioning of all specimens that come into the laboratory.
- Active participant in the implementation of departmental programs designed to improve performance.
- Assists Manager in the training and coaching of new and existing team members to maximize performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in a customer services position is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a laboratory/healthcare field.
- Displays a positive and professional attitude, demonstrates dependability, contributes in a team environment and possesses an impeccable work ethic.