At GENETWORx Laboratory, we improve the health and wellness of lives around the world through dedicated research, experienced scientists, 21-st century technology, and in-depth diagnostics. Healthcare is personal and as such, the future needs to be, too. By intersecting genetic testing with personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics, we’re positioning our patients and empowering physicians with more precise, individualized, effective results.
As a leader in precision COVID-19 testing, GENETWORx provides unparalleled support, results, and clarity during these uncertain times. GENETWORx has armed healthcare providers, employers and universities with rapid and accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing which is essential for reopening businesses and communities.
*Limited Flexible Day Schedule*
Full-Time, non-COVID-dependent position.
The Clinical Lab Medical Technologist provides accurate and timely testing and results to requesting physicians for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. The Clinical Lab Medical Technologist should have a deep understanding of testing principles and Quality Control.
- Performs clinical testing consistently according to established standard operating procedures as described in procedure manuals, quality control specifications and workflow guidelines
- Responsible for the completion of any special projects, process improvements or new method introductions
- Ensures that all workflow processes are completed within acceptable time frames
- Monitors TAT reports
- Responsible for the maintenance and organization of all documentation generated by the laboratory or by instrumentation such as QC, calibrations, etc.
- Understands/observes all confidentiality and HIPAA provisions
- Recognizes/conveys to management any departmental improvements necessary
- Performs processing, result entry, and quality control for all chemistry specimens
- Assist other technologists with all problems, initiate resolution of errors, document discrepancies, perform troubleshooting on all instruments trained on and resolve all errors
- Perform diagnostic testing with accuracy, precision, and efficiency following established SOPs. Report diagnostic data in compliance with policies, SOPs, and turn-around-time schedules with fewer than 2 LIS correction per month
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and interpret test data reflective to the patient's diagnosis, clinical status, age, gender, etc.
- Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a science-related field from an accredited university (preferable MT/MLT certified with ASCP qualifications or equivalent)
- If Bachelor's or Master's degree is held in another science related field, a minimum of 1-3 years of clinical experience is required
- Ability to look beyond daily functions to implement higher standards through evaluation and education