At GENETWORx Laboratory, we improve the health and wellness of lives around the world through dedicated research, experienced scientists, 21-st century technology, and in-depth diagnostics. Healthcare is personal and as such, the future needs to be, too. By intersecting genetic testing with personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics, we’re positioning our patients and empowering physicians with more precise, individualized, effective results.
As a leader in precision COVID-19 testing, GENETWORx provides unparalleled support, results, and clarity during these uncertain times. GENETWORx has armed healthcare providers, employers and universities with rapid and accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing which is essential for reopening businesses and communities.
The Laboratory Quality Manager assists in ongoing implementation and review of quality management, quality assurance, compliance, and performance improvement activities for all laboratory activities. This includes but is not limited to: risk management, regulatory/ accreditation operational compliance, outcomes management, quality management committees, system validity/reliability, operational efficacy, operational efficiency, and billing compliance. To be successful in this role, the Laboratory Quality Manager effectively monitors multiple projects simultaneously and is able to work independently and escalate concerns appropriately.
- The Laboratory Quality Manager completes weekly clinical, molecular, critical labs, missing information, efficiency, efficacy, and error reviews as assigned
- Develops daily summaries of reconciliations and/or documentation required
- Conducts daily review of deficiency/lab reporting trends and proactive implementation of performance improvement strategies
- Ensures all IRs are investigated (interviews, video reviews, records review, etc) and accurately prioritized in a timely manner
- Ensures incident follow-up is completed
- Documents and tracks all staff and/or vendor grievances daily and through weekly summary reports
- Assists in collection and aggregation of survey results and provides data and trends to leadership
- Ensures dissemination of new and/or updated Policy and Procedure Governance P&P
- Ensures P&P binder is updated on an ongoing basis and annual review is signed off on P&P manual
- Participates in regular reviews to ensure awareness/understanding of external (state, payor, -accreditation)/ internal requirements as needed
- Maintains vendor confidence and protects operations by maintaining confidentiality
- Prepares for, attends and documents multiply biweekly/monthly/quarterly quality meetings with site leadership
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Previous experience in healthcare management or as a certified medical assistant, medical technologist, laboratory technician, or phlebotomist preferred
- 5 years of Diagnostic laboratory experience required
- 3 years of Laboratory Quality Management experience required
- General understanding of systems of quality management and evidence-based practices (Healthcare Effectiveness Data Information Set, National Committee for Quality Assurance, College of American Pathologist (CAP), FDA, NIH, IRB, HIPAA, REDCap, CITI, and product licensure requirements)
- General understanding of Risk Management best practices is required