The Center for Breakthrough Medicines is on track to be the largest single-site cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization in the world. Our comprehensive service offering accelerates speed to market through supply chain disruption mitigation strategies, end-to-end program management expertise and unique platform technology with the ability to follow a molecule from idea to commercialization. CBM’s integrated approach provides high quality and consistent end-to-end manufacturing capability including: Process and Analytical Development; Plasmid DNA production; Viral Vector Production of Lentivirus; AAV and Adenovirus; Testing and Analytics; Autologous, Allogeneic and Gene-edited Cell Therapy Bioprocessing; and Cell banking. CBM’s horizontal and vertical integration provides one source throughout a product’s life cycle.
CBM’s mission is to accelerate the delivery and affordability of lifesaving and life-changing therapies from discovery to market by offering a complete solution for the development and commercialization of cell and gene therapies.
CBM is located just outside of Philadelphia in the Heart of Cellicon Valley on The Discovery Labs campus set on 300 acres with 2.4 million square feet of life sciences lab and manufacturing space, allowing clients to scale their development and manufacturing needs without ever having to change sites, while providing employees a true community campus experience focused exclusively on life sciences.
The Discovery Labs is a Global Platform Company inclusive of CBM, The Discovery Labs Properties, UniteIQ incubator labs, and The Colony, a unique investment and resource model enabling groundbreaking therapies to be brought to life.
Center for Breakthrough Medicines is seeking an experienced and motivated Training Manager to manage activities of the Training Department and identify the organization’s developmental needs ensuring that there is consistency with core competencies and goals. The Training Manager will lead assigned training team and is responsible for the assessment and identification of the training needs and for the effective coordination of training and development programs for the organization. The Training Manager is expected to maintain a consistent culture regarding training and development and is responsible for the oversight and implementation of assigned department-wide training efforts.
- Work in close collaboration across the organization with operations/departmental leaders and existing training groups to develop, implement, manage, and maintain a robust training management program in full compliance with applicable FDA regulations
- Build on existing processes to develop and implement infrastructure for creation and execution of learning plans for all employees
- May develop and/or revise policies and SOPs to support training management program
- May work closely with department SOP writers to ensure that SOPs and training materials/methods are appropriately aligned and connected
- Develop appropriate metrics and monitor performance of training management program; identify and implement improvements as needed
- May participate in and contribute to regular evaluation and review of the quality management system with department and executive team leaders
- May participate and act as Subject Matter Expert during inspections/audits by regulatory agencies and clients
- Drive a performance-based culture designed to meet and exceed department and team goals while creating and fostering a healthy team environment
- Evaluate resource needs; train, lead, coach and manage the performance of the team
- Support and guide employee learning and development, including coaching staff; providing regular feedback, delivering performance evaluations and course correcting when needed
- Create employee engagement initiatives to build and sustain a highly engaged workforce
- Develop and update training and education courses related to regulatory requirements
- Oversee training content development and delivery
- Work with team members within Quality & Compliance and the Training Department to attain organizational and business goals and objectives
- Assist Director of Training with various tasks
- Bachelor's degree in education, business, human resources, or related field and 5+ years of experience in teaching, education, training, and/or professional development or Master's in Education, Instructional Development, Training or related field and 1-3 years of experience
- High-level experience leading multi-functional teams to successfully deliver trainings and/or professional development activities
- High-level experience collaborating with multiple Subject Matter Experts to plan, implement, and evaluate instructional, learning, and/or training activities in varying modalities (e.g., virtual, face-face)
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate or deliver training and strategy sessions
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, and implementation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and foster collaboration and teamwork
- Must have time management and organizational skills
- Must have ability to work flexible hours