The Center for Breakthrough Medicines is on track to be the largest single-site cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization in the world. Our comprehensive service offering accelerates speed to market through supply chain disruption mitigation strategies, end-to-end program management expertise and unique platform technology with the ability to follow a molecule from idea to commercialization. CBM’s integrated approach provides high quality and consistent end-to-end manufacturing capability including: Process and Analytical Development; Plasmid DNA production; Viral Vector Production of Lentivirus; AAV and Adenovirus; Testing and Analytics; Autologous, Allogeneic and Gene-edited Cell Therapy Bioprocessing; and Cell banking. CBM’s horizontal and vertical integration provides one source throughout a product’s life cycle.
CBM’s mission is to accelerate the delivery and affordability of lifesaving and life-changing therapies from discovery to market by offering a complete solution for the development and commercialization of cell and gene therapies.
CBM is located just outside of Philadelphia in the Heart of Cellicon Valley on The Discovery Labs campus set on 300 acres with 2.4 million square feet of life sciences lab and manufacturing space, allowing clients to scale their development and manufacturing needs without ever having to change sites, while providing employees a true community campus experience focused exclusively on life sciences.
The Discovery Labs is a Global Platform Company inclusive of CBM, The Discovery Labs Properties, UniteIQ incubator labs, and The Colony, a unique investment and resource model enabling groundbreaking therapies to be brought to life.
The Discovery Labs Center for Breakthrough Medicine is seeking a solid candidate to join our Molecular Biology team as a Senior Scientist at Analytical Development and Testing organization.
- Develops, optimizes, and performs highly sensitive and reproducible PCR-based assays such as ddPCR, qPCR, RT-qPCR for genomic titer, residual DNA as required to enable the progression of development projects in a timely fashion.
- Performs cell-based assays (mammalian cell lines, primary cell culture, etc.) as needed for molecular assay development and function assessment of gene therapy products.
- Tissue culture and maintenance of mammalian cell lines
- Maintains electronic laboratory notebook that records all aspects of experimental design and results, following good documentation practices.
- Present experimental designs and results to various audiences at program meetings and department meetings.
- Author and review method development reports, SOPs, validation protocols/reports, comparability protocols, and reports.
- Able to perform GMP operations, including following detailed SOPs, maintaining training, and following good documentation practices.
- Critical thinking, excellent data analysis using software such as Microsoft Excel, Prism, and other software as needed with minimal supervision and interpretation skills.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Master's in Analytical Science, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, or a related field with 3 years relevant experience or Ph.D. with 1-year relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in molecular biology and cell biology.
- Passionate about new technologies/methods.
- Strong hands-on experiences in analytical techniques such as RT-PCR, qPCR, and ddPCR.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and able to work under tight timelines in a collaborative team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and think critically, multitask and support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Quick learner, highly motivated, hard-working and detail oriented.
- Experience in cell therapy and GMP environment is strongly desirable