The Center for Breakthrough Medicines is on track to be the largest single-site cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization in the world. Our comprehensive service offering accelerates speed to market through supply chain disruption mitigation strategies, end-to-end program management expertise and unique platform technology with the ability to follow a molecule from idea to commercialization. CBM’s integrated approach provides high quality and consistent end-to-end manufacturing capability including: Process and Analytical Development; Plasmid DNA production; Viral Vector Production of Lentivirus; AAV and Adenovirus; Testing and Analytics; Autologous, Allogeneic and Gene-edited Cell Therapy Bioprocessing; and Cell banking. CBM’s horizontal and vertical integration provides one source throughout a product’s life cycle.
CBM’s mission is to accelerate the delivery and affordability of lifesaving and life-changing therapies from discovery to market by offering a complete solution for the development and commercialization of cell and gene therapies.
CBM is located just outside of Philadelphia in the Heart of Cellicon Valley on The Discovery Labs campus set on 300 acres with 2.4 million square feet of life sciences lab and manufacturing space, allowing clients to scale their development and manufacturing needs without ever having to change sites, while providing employees a true community campus experience focused exclusively on life sciences.
The Discovery Labs is a Global Platform Company inclusive of CBM, The Discovery Labs Properties, UniteIQ incubator labs, and The Colony, a unique investment and resource model enabling groundbreaking therapies to be brought to life.
The Analytical Method Development Scientist is an experienced scientist that will be responsible for the design, development and execution of advanced analytical techniques that will be utilized to support process development, vector engineering, characterization and release of plasmid batches from manufacturing operations. The scientist will work with cross functional teams for method validation, release and stability specification assays, and additional assays needed to support cell and gene therapy client programs at Center for Breakthrough Medicines. This role requires someone with good knowledge of Microbial and Molecular testing development and scientific understanding of cell and gene therapy products.
● Design, develop and execute complex analytical methods such as ddPCR, qPCR, NGS, and other advanced techniques.
●Optimize and modify current CBM platform methods for plasmids and other nucleic acids.
●Author test methods, reports, and other required documentation to support implementation of new methods into analytical development and operations.
● Assist with technical and laboratory activities focused on method development, qualification and analytical strategy for multiple cell and gene therapy programs.
● Provide scientific and technical assistance for testing capabilities.
● Participate in and assist with various aspects of method development, transfer, characterization, investigation, and assay validation while collaborating with Vector Engineering, Cell Therapy and Viral Vector Process Development, Testing, Clinical / Commercial Manufacturing, and Quality teams.
●Maintain current awareness of GMP and other regulations, industry standards and trends that are applicable to current and future Cell and Gene Therapy Development operations and products.
● Responsible for some administrative duties for the group.
● Independently applies scientific and/or cross-functional knowledge to achieve project goals.
●Implements strategic departmental research and development goals or ideas.
● Accountable for accomplishing project goals and objectives; anticipates and prioritizes workflow to achieve desired outcomes.
● Assist in implementing strategies, initiatives, and actions to improve processes and procedures to ensure compliance with internal and industry standards.
● Application of advanced scientific knowledge associated with larger and more complex experiments and projects.
● Previous industry or academic experience in pharmaceutical, cell and gene therapy, CAR-T research and development is preferred.
● Experience with analytical methods supporting Plasmids / Nucleic Acids.
● Experience with development of Molecular Methods
● Solid understanding of the fundamentals of ICH and other industry guidelines supporting method development, qualification, and transfer, with a proven ability to assimilate data and growing product knowledge into the broader aspects of CMC development and lifecycle management.
● Strategic thinker with excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, working with minimal direction and able to manage workload based on changing priorities.
● Strong troubleshooting and communication skills, highly organized with strong record keeping and an ability to multi-task. Highly collaborative working style and ability to adapt in a fast paced, rapidly developing environment.
Ph.D. or MS in a relevant discipline (Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Immunology) with minimum 5 + years relevant R&D/microbiology or molecular experience.