Recovery Centers of America (RCA) was created in pursuit of one goal: Help 1 million patients achieve a full life of recovery by providing evidence-based alcohol and drug addiction treatment, as well as eating disorder treatment. We believe patients who are treated well get well sooner, which is why we treat every patient with dignity, discretion, and respect.
We’re on a mission to deliver the highest-quality, most affordable, and most accessible addiction treatment available. More importantly, we’re on a mission to save lives. We provide our patients with a complete continuum of care including medically-monitored detoxification, residential inpatient, intensive outpatient (IOP), partial hospitalization (PHP) and general outpatient (GOP) – offered both in-person and via telehealth – as well as a variety of free community support meetings at our neighborhood-based centers for addiction treatment.
Director of Alumni Engagement
Recovery Centers of America (RCA) was founded with the mission of helping to save millions of lives from the disease of addiction. Over a few years’ time, RCA has expanded to include 11 facilities offering inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted treatment. Its sister company GENETWORx has grown rapidly in 2020 with its COVID-19 testing services.
The team at RCA is the most dedicated, compassionate, and hard-working team you’ll find, and the Alumni Engagement team is no exception. The Alumni Engagement team is part of the RCA Marketing team, which is based in King of Prussia, PA and tasked with portraying the heart and soul of the company, our mission and the positive impact addiction treatment can have on the lives of not only patients but their loved ones as well.
The Director of Alumni Engagement will play a key role in ensuring that our patients continue to have the support, peer network and access to recovery tools, events and meetings that will assist them in being successful during their recovery. RCA is unique in our approach to alumni, with volunteer-ran, geography-based alumni chapters throughout our regions. The Director of Alumni Relations is the key to ensuring the success of the chapters, the growth of the chapters, and the effectiveness of the chapters in supporting our mission.
RCA is looking for a Director of Alumni Engagement with a clinical background and experience working directly with patients in a behavioral healthcare or addiction treatment setting. RCA’s Alumni program is an extension of our curriculum of care and therefore the Director must understand the needs of our alumni and exhibit a proven ability to handle them in a professional manner.
If you want to break new ground and leave your mark on a growing company while helping others, this role is for you.
Recovery Centers of America is seeking a Director of Alumni Engagement with a clinical background and extensive experience in fostering, maintaining and growing relationships with patients, loved ones and communities with a behavioral healthcare or addiction treatment need. The Director is a relationship builder and program manager responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for a comprehensive, world-class and sustainable alumni program which promotes recovery and support.
The Director will lead the company’s strategy and execution of all efforts to drive the engagement and effectiveness of the RCA alumni program. With over a dozen chapters today, and expansion in the near future, the Director partners with a variety of RCA colleagues at our facilities to educate and enroll patients in our alumni program, ensure involvement in alumni activities from new and long-standing members alike, develop and provide leadership opportunities for alumni, manage alumni chapter boards (which are volunteer ran), and ensure our alumni are successful in their recovery and know we are a support for them, their loved ones, and others in their recovery community as well.
● Develop, manage and execute a strategic plan and calendar of programs and events (virtual and in-person) that support our alumni and RCA’s mission of sobriety and recovery.
● Partner with volunteer-led chapters to grow the alumni base, alumni engagement and awareness of RCA in the communities we serve.
● Work closely with each RCA facility to promote the alumni program and partner alumni and current patients for mutual support and encouragement.
● Serve as a primary point of contact for RCA team members, alumni and others interested in RCA and alumni information, programs, etc.
● Serve patients’ families (parents, siblings, children) with information, events, and ongoing support.
● Develop and manage a budget inclusive of events, communications, entertainment, travel, etc.
● Drives communication and marketing support of alumni efforts, inclusive of presentations, web content, email content, etc.
● Collaborates with a cross-functional team to ensure that we have the appropriate consents from alumni and loved ones to communicate effectively and efficiently across multiple channels
● Serve as a source of support for alumni in their recovery, effectively helping alumni with a recurrence into treatment. Also, partnering with alumni to spread the effectiveness of RCA’s treatment with others in the community that could benefit from treatment
● Manage a growing team of alumni professionals (currently 2) dedicated to the same objectives as the Director
● Extensive travel is required with this position. The Director of Alumni Engagement is on the road approximately 75% of the time, often in locations which require multiple overnight stays.
● Flexible hours are a requirement of this position. Open to evening and weekend meetings and travel as needed to support
● Unlike many other alumni programs, the Director is not responsible for fundraising
Education and Experience:
• 5+ years of experience working directly with patients in a behavioral healthcare or addiction treatment setting, preferably in a clinical position.
• 10+ years of experience in alumni relations, preferably in the behavioral health arena but not required
• Experience staffing and partnering with volunteers and working closely with alumni
• Experience managing a team of professionals effectively
• Expert in building professional relationships across a complex organization of professionals, as well as volunteers and program managers
• Ability to function with a high degree of independence yet work collaboratively with colleagues
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Ability to work nights and weekends and travel locally and out-of-state extensively
• A personal commitment to excellence, integrity, and RCA’s mission
Professionalism: Represents RCA, our team and our alumni with the utmost professionalism at all times. Act as a reliable source of support while setting appropriate boundaries.
Budget Management: Effectively sets and manages a multi-faceted budget, with timely and effective management of vendors, invoices, cash flow, etc.
Management/Leadership: Experience managing direct reports with an approach which has advanced their skill set, grown accomplishments of the team as a whole and created a cohesive, effective team environment
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.