Recovery Centers of America (RCA) was created in pursuit of one goal: Help 1 million patients achieve a full life of recovery by providing evidence-based alcohol and drug addiction treatment, as well as eating disorder treatment. We believe patients who are treated well get well sooner, which is why we treat every patient with dignity, discretion, and respect.
We’re on a mission to deliver the highest-quality, most affordable, and most accessible addiction treatment available. More importantly, we’re on a mission to save lives. We provide our patients with a complete continuum of care including medically-monitored detoxification, residential inpatient, intensive outpatient (IOP), partial hospitalization (PHP) and general outpatient (GOP) – offered both in-person and via telehealth – as well as a variety of free community support meetings at our neighborhood-based centers for addiction treatment.
Position Overview: The Therapist plans, directs and coordinates medically-approved programs for patients in hospitals, substance abuse facilities, or other institutions. Inspires and motivates RCA clients and to help them develop tools to work toward recovery using evidence-based and person-centered practices.
* Evaluate clients' mental and physical health, addiction, or problem behavior and assess their readiness for treatment
* Help clients develop treatment goals and plans
* Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families
* Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to recover from their addiction or modify their behavior
* Work with clients to identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their recovery
* Teach families about addiction or behavior disorders and help them develop strategies to cope with those problems
* Refer clients to other resources and services, such as job placement services and support groups
* Conduct outreach programs to help people identify the signs of addiction and other destructive behavior, as well as steps to take to avoid such behavior
Education and Experience:
* Master's degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling required and licensure as an LMHC, LADC, LCSW, or Ph.D. in Psychology preferred.
* One to three years of experience in a behavioral healthcare or substance abuse settings serving culturally diverse populations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
* Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
* Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
* Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.
* Knowledge of case management for dual diagnosis patient.