The Center for Breakthrough Medicines is on track to be the largest single-site cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization in the world. Our comprehensive service offering accelerates speed to market through supply chain disruption mitigation strategies, end-to-end program management expertise and unique platform technology with the ability to follow a molecule from idea to commercialization. CBM’s integrated approach provides high quality and consistent end-to-end manufacturing capability including: Process and Analytical Development; Plasmid DNA production; Viral Vector Production of Lentivirus; AAV and Adenovirus; Testing and Analytics; Autologous, Allogeneic and Gene-edited Cell Therapy Bioprocessing; and Cell banking. CBM’s horizontal and vertical integration provides one source throughout a product’s life cycle.
CBM’s mission is to accelerate the delivery and affordability of lifesaving and life-changing therapies from discovery to market by offering a complete solution for the development and commercialization of cell and gene therapies.
The Business Development Manager of the CDMO services at CBM is a self-starter who enjoys building new relationships and thrives as an independent worker. This individual is incentivized to develop client relationships and generate utilization of CBM’s services in their territories. The BD Executive works well in a fast paced environment, is organized and efficient with reporting on activities and analyzing data. Accountable for meeting and exceeding territory revenue goals.
- Responsible for managing the entire CDMO business cycle including identification and qualification of leads
- Expand CBM brand awareness in the region
- Develop and execute regional strategies to identify and target potential new customers through effective market, revenue, and literature analyses
- Contribute to short- and long-term territory business plans through in depth understanding of revenue streams and potentials
- Manage the territory through the use of the company relationship management tool and provide forecast reporting to management on a routine basis
- Update and maintain the CRM database through rigorous documentation of all communications with clients and potential clients
- Responsible for winning new customers and projects, and for maintaining repeat business
- Participate with the business development and technical teams in the overall process for proposal generation, responding to requests for information (RFI) or proposal (RFP) and contract negotiation and closing
- Provide management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services
- Work closely with and effectively communicate with other members of the Business Development and Marketing teams, and collaboratively with internal cross functional teams (Project Management, Process Development, GMP operations, Quality and Finance)
- Attend and actively participate in all regional industry tradeshows, conferences, networking events, and client on-site and off-site meetings, as well as internal Business Development meetings
- Contribute to team and departmental initiatives outside of day-to-day regional sales and business and development activities
- Accountable for meeting/exceeding performance metrics, including quarterly regional revenue goals.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in developing new business and growing existing business
- Fundamental knowledge/understanding of science and bioprocessing concepts
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and deal with ambiguity
- Strong team player with the ability to make meaningful contributions to team efforts
- Self-directed with the ability to manage a complex set of often competing priorities, needs and aggressive deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, with an emphasis on clarity and accuracy
- Models a visible sense of urgency in accomplishing daily tasks and in coordinating with internal groups
- Maintains a professional appearance and project and approachable/positive company image to the public
Education & Experience
- BS in a scientific discipline, business, or related field, (MS, MBA or PhD is a plus) plus 5-8years business development or sales experience in the biopharmaceutical CDMO, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or life science industries
- Experience/understanding of the proposal development process, business quotes, budgeting and managing to defined timelines
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel. Experience with MS Project and Salesforce is a plus
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently