The Center for Breakthrough Medicines is on track to be the largest single-site cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization in the world. Our comprehensive service offering accelerates speed to market through supply chain disruption mitigation strategies, end-to-end program management expertise and unique platform technology with the ability to follow a molecule from idea to commercialization. CBM’s integrated approach provides high quality and consistent end-to-end manufacturing capability including: Process and Analytical Development; Plasmid DNA production; Viral Vector Production of Lentivirus; AAV and Adenovirus; Testing and Analytics; Autologous, Allogeneic and Gene-edited Cell Therapy Bioprocessing; and Cell banking. CBM’s horizontal and vertical integration provides one source throughout a product’s life cycle.
CBM’s mission is to accelerate the delivery and affordability of lifesaving and life-changing therapies from discovery to market by offering a complete solution for the development and commercialization of cell and gene therapies.
The Discovery Labs Center for Breakthrough Medicine is seeking a solid candidate to join our flow cytometry team as a technical lead at Analytical Development and Testing organization.
- Demonstrate the highest moral standard and ethical integrity.
- Optimize and qualify assays for characterization and analytical testing of cell therapy products.
- Capable of making decisions independently and troubleshoot/optimize experiments and procedures.
- Flexible to support multiple research projects as the AD organization grows.
- Author and review test method SOPs, method development reports, qualification protocols, risk assessments, and transfers methods to partner functions, and represent the Analytical Flow Cytometry team in cross-functional meetings.
- Able to perform GMP operations, including following detailed SOPs, maintaining training, and following good documentation practices.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of flow cytometers.
- Ph.D. with 1+ years of directly flow cytometry experience OR MS with 5+ years of directly related experience
- Basic knowledge of immunology preferable adaptive immunity
- Experience in multicolor flow cytometry and mammalian cell culture is required
- Experience with multiple flow cytometry data analysis tools is required
- Prior experience with cell proliferation, cytokine release, or potency assay development is desirable
- Demonstrate ability to maintain lab execution records and perform data analysis.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills
- Experience in cell therapy and GMP environment is strongly desirable