Responsible for Project Controls at the Center for Breakthrough Medicines. Management of resources to ensure effective project controls for all commercial, contractual and schedule aspects of the Project. Requires knowledge base inclusive of cost reporting and forecasting, progress and performance measurement, planning / scheduling and change management.
- Establish plans to develop, monitor, control and maintain project budgets and schedules by utilizing proven cost control, progress measurement and scheduling systems.
- Monitor, report and control costs and schedules during all phases of the program from Preliminary Engineering through Validation.
- Change Management - manage and pursue all changes by continuously monitoring scope of work and incorporating approved changes into the cost forecast.
- Interaction with other Project organizations including the Engineer, Wyeth Procurement (Site & Global), WMI Finance, and Wyeth Global Engineering Services (GES) Project Management Team.
- Contingency Management - Identify project critical deliverables, including identification of cost impact items, management of contingency, identification of float on critical activities and provision of solutions to minimize and/or eliminate cost overruns and schedule slippages.
- Estimating/Scheduling - Supervision of estimating, schedule management and invoice review personnel assigned to the Project and responsible for the Project deliverables.
- Develop and maintain Corporate Capital Forecast reports for GES and WMI. On a monthly basis, update and issue CAPEX reports working in conjunction with the GES Project Manager.
- Procurement – Ensure the project control requirements are properly defined within requests for quotations (RFQ) and proposals (RFP). Participate and support the bid tab process through the review, negotiation and recommendation of awards for purchase orders (PO) and contracts. Close interaction with Site and Global Procurement.
- Monitor PO funding for all parties, Engineering, Subcontractor and Consultants. Negotiate, forecast and issue PO revisions as necessary.
- Verification and recommendation of Engineer, Subcontractor and GES Consultant progress payment requests.
- Participate in regular Project coordination / review meetings with Project Team.
- Earned Value measurement. Monitoring of physical performance and progress on site.
- Benchmarking and collation of cost data information.
- Supervising and carrying out ‘one-off’ specific tasks. These include audits for Engineering, invoice reconciliation and earned value.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- Degree in communication is a bonus.
- Prior experience as a team leader and impressive leadership talent.
- Should also possess at least a basic understanding of computers and technology.