There is a life sciences revolution occurring being driven by the tremendous demand for cell and gene therapies. This demand coupled with the desire for collaboration, the availability of capital, regulatory mind shifts, technological developments, and bottlenecks in supply chains are creating tremendous opportunities for first movers and service providers. The Discovery Labs platform supports and drives this new environment by creating space for CGT Manufacturing, Research and Discovery and the all supporting services.
We are currently searching for a Proposal Manager to join our team full-time. This is an excellent opportunity to join a developing team with a clear path for growth. The Proposal Manager will work within the Business Development group to develop responses to our clients’ Process Development and GMP programs that answer requests in a format that meets identified requirements and evaluation criteria. The creation of the RFP response includes the gathering and coordination of marketing, management, and development personnel inputs, and writing the response from source documentation. Work includes assistance in development of costing models, process plans, statements of work, executive summaries, and RFI responses. This individual will be responsible for working with Business Development to create standard proposal templates and creation of a standardize proposal generation process.
This is a direct hire opportunity. While we are open to remote support, candidates in the Philadelphia Area/Eastern Time Zone preferred.
• Review RFPs and work with Business Development and technical staff to understand technical scope and proposal requirements.
• Work with Business Development to create the company proposal planning process to include pricing templates, proposal templates, information management and creation of the proposal review and approval process within the organization.
• Write and manage development of new proposal material. Revise/rewrite existing proposal materials based on the requirements of each proposal. Perform this work through collaboration with other Department Heads.
• Work with Business Development leaders and Finance staff to evaluate executed programs in comparison with previously scoped work to establish a continuous feedback loop to optimize pricing models.
• Work with technical staff to collect information and form into comprehensive proposal offerings, strong ability to comprehend and edit/incorporate information and data across multiple aspects of Cell and Gene Therapy Development and Manufacturing (process development, analytical development, technology transfer, testing, clinical and commercial manufacturing, regulatory support).
• Perform quality check of all proposal content, to include checking for RFP compliance, basic proofreading, and adherence to other proposal standards to ensure accuracy and quality of work. Ensure materials are edited as part of the proposal process.
• Establish and maintain files on our SharePoint site.
• Significant opportunity for growth within the Business Development organization, including involvement with marketing strategy and execution, technical conference attendance, competitive and industry analyses, and general client-facing representation for the business.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in a relevant scientific discipline required (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering).
• Minimum five (5) years combined of technical and proposal writing experience in the Life Sciences Industry for Manager level, minimum ten (10) years combined of technical and proposal writing experience in the Life Sciences Industry for Director level.
• Candidates must have experience generating proposals in the Life Sciences industry. Any experience supporting specific proposals concerning cell and gene therapies, biologics, or experience within the CDMO space is a major plus.
• Proficiency with SharePoint, Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word, Outlook, and Power Point with Advanced Proficiency in Excel); and the ability to learn and proficiently use company business system software.
• Broad technical knowledge in Life Sciences or biologics manufacturing and understanding of business as well as best-practice proposal development processes.
• Ability to author proposal sections/documents with input from technical teams, as well as work with Finance to generate reports.
• Communication, tact, and interpersonal skills to work with all levels of staff and leadership, within and outside the department; ability to work with a diverse team, including managers and peers.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Complex reasoning and problem-solving abilities.
• Formal training or relevant experience in proposal writing and development.
• Detail oriented; strong analytical and writing skills; meticulous attention to detail.