GENETWORx Laboratory was formed in 2013, with the central focus of positively impacting the lives of people. Now, GENETWORx is dedicating our focus to fighting back against COVID-19. GENETWORx provides governments, employers, healthcare professionals, long term care facilities, universities and others with 99% accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and anti-body tests and sequential testing software in order to re-open America and ensure safe, confident workforces, campuses, communities and more.
Given demand for the GENETWORx COVID-19 tests, you have the unique opportunity to join a growing team providing the gold standard in testing and customer service. We are dedicated to delivering high quality care and are invested in hiring experienced, dedicated professionals who will grow alongside GENETWORx.
GENETWORx is CAP accredited and CLIA-certified laboratory, and is owned by Recovery Centers of America. Achieving the CAP accreditation combined with the CLIA certification demonstrates GENETWORx’s unwavering commitment to patient care. GENETWORx is working within the emergency use authorization guidelines from the United States Food and Drug Administration ("FDA") to specifically conduct COVID-19 testing.
Shipping and Handling
This position serves as the key customer interface between RCA Laboratory Services and physician office clients. The employee in this position will collect (as applicable,) process and ship specimens to be received exclusively at RCA Laboratory Services. The employee will be responsible for operating within all applicable guidelines and staying current with all professional and safety training as well as licensure as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
● Perform cheek swab collection procedures for specimens to be sent exclusively to RCA Laboratory Services.
● Ensure completeness and accuracy of labeling on all specimens to be sent exclusively to RCA Laboratory Services.
● Process specimens to be sent exclusively to RCA Laboratory Services as required to assure specimen viability and quality analysis.
● Ensure completeness and accuracy of all requisition forms for the identification, processing and billing of all specimens sent exclusively to RCA Laboratory Services.
● Package and ship specimens to be sent exclusively to RCA Laboratory Services via assigned courier services in a manner that meets DOT and IATA regulations.
● Operate and maintain all equipment associated with RCA Laboratory Services.
● Maintain appropriate levels of supplies necessary for the collection and processing of specimens to include periodic inventory of supplies and review of expiration dates of perishable inventory.
● Coordinate or respond to (as appropriate) company, client and patient inquiries related exclusively to RCA Laboratory Services' services.
● Perform all required tasks in a fashion that meets or exceeds legal and regulatory standards including, but not limited to: privacy/confidentiality laws (e.g. HIPAA,) conflict-of-interest laws (e.g. Stark law and federal anti-kickback law,) and laboratory operations regulations (e.g. OSHA, CLIA, CAP.)
● Identify and convey to management any real or potential issues that could interfere with the company's ability to provide services and provide feedback which could improve the company's quality of service.
● Be responsible for the maintenance and submission of timesheets by required deadline.
● Maintain all personal licensure and training requirements as applicable.
● Demonstrate thorough and professional communication at all times to all clients, patients and company employees.
● Assume other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School Diploma with a minimum of two (2) years recent experience in health care field. Registry in ASCP (as PBT or MLT) or NCA (as CLPlb or CLT.)
Experience Three (3) to five (5) years working experience with development of increased independent responsibility.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers' needs in a manager that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over. Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Climate controlled office environment. May require visits to the laboratory, mailroom, shipping and receiving to obtain information.
Physical Demands: The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Majority of time will be spent in a physician office setting.
● Some travel may be required for training or off-site duties.
● Job duties will include working with potentially biohazardous material (e.g. human blood, urine, and tissue.)
● Job duties will require the ability to lift and carry slightly to moderately heavy items (15 -- 25 lbs.)
● Job duties will require extended periods of standing and bending.
Job duties will require skilled manual dexterity for phlebotomy and other collection procedures.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected