We attract and nurture mission critical talent needed to create breakthrough discoveries in the Life sciences industry.
At Nucleus Healthcare, we understand the industry’s complexities and are experienced in recruiting and staffing in highly matrixed and regulated environments.
Powered by AI and machine learning technologies, our smart platform is a precise talent acquisition and optimization solution that maximizes match and improves retention. Its cutting-edge technology provides the talent recruitment solution required to quickly attract and build quality teams needed to advance groundbreaking developments in advanced therapeutics, biopharma, diagnostics, research tools, and adjacent technologies.
Customizable, our all-in-one platform evolves with an organization through its growth cycle.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) provides vision and leadership to the development, implementation and maintenance of the overall information systems and technology architecture of the organization, ensuring alignment with business strategy and delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success. Responsible for strategy, policies, processes, security and management of information services and systems. Additionally, own revenue stream for all computing platform interactions, professional services, and consulting provided to clients. A strong influencer to inspire and motivate senior leadership to bring business intelligence, analytics, and technology leadership to the organization. Proven leading edge expertise in cognitive and cloud computing, vendor management, budgeting, scheduling and compliance. A futuristic thinker and visionary quarterback in data science across diverse disciplines to develop best practices and lead teams to drive significant business development initiatives as well as identify and capitalize on new market opportunities.
• Set vision and strategy of the organization to foster business and mission-oriented culture and mindset.
• Direct the development of the IS strategy and project portfolio and roadmap, based on strategy and business need.
• Serve as a trusted advisor; build and maintain relationships with other executives to understand business needs; ensure cost-effective delivery of IS services to meet those needs, respond with agility to changing business priorities.
• Use influence and negotiation to create collaboration enabling cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in achievement of business goals.
• Participate in the guidance and direction of the organization.
• Stay current on new technologies; provide direction to the IS team on emerging technologies.
• Provide strategic direction in the IS organization's innovation efforts and role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of opportunities.
• Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operations and support of IS systems, including enterprise architecture management, application management, security and risk management, and infrastructure and operations support management.
• Direct the management of administrative contracts for information services vendors.
• Direct the development of IS vendor sourcing; provide executive oversight for vendor partnership and management.
• Serve as the organization’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
• Design the IS organization and staff accordingly. Develop and maintain a workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge and technical skill required to achieve business objectives; ensure the core IS functions are reliable, stable and efficient.
• Direct the development and provide oversight and control of the annual operating and capital budgets for IS to ensure consistency with the strategic objectives and priorities of the plan.
• Establish a culture of innovation and maximization of information systems.
• Direct data integration from multiple large Information Systems in highly complex business environment.
• Lead the planning, implementation, and maintenance of information systems in support of the organization’s mission. Scope includes both distributed and centralized business operations that function reliably and are cost effective.
• Develop and execute digital strategy, implement transformational information technology (IT) initiatives across the organization to improve quality, digital connections to consumers, cost effectiveness, and business development in a rapidly evolving and highly competitive marketplace.
• Accountable for IT strategy and operations.
• Serve on the organization’s Executive Leadership Team.
• Improve cybersecurity in all 19 categories measured by external cybersecurity assessment.
• Develop detailed IT transformation plan and budget for data center, network, ERP, EHR, security, and applications portfolio modernization.
• Establish telecommunication vendors.
• Develop and operationalize strategic and annual plans.
• Evaluate current state and defined future state of the Department.
• Establish departmental mission, vision, values, and priorities and align with the organization’s strategic objectives.
• Develop contract and grant proposals, business plans, request for proposals (RFP), and standard operating procedures (SOP) for information technology, biotechnology, and healthcare programs.
• Lead the planning and implementation of a digital ecosystem and innovations that seamlessly connect all components of the organization, facilitating the provision of high-quality customer care through an efficient experience.
• Leverage IT solutions to improve effectiveness and efficiency of operations, including data analytics capabilities, and the deployment of requisite technology in support of the mission and strategic goals.
• Stay abreast of national trends, best practices and emerging technologies, and update information technology strategies in contribution to the strategic plan.
Education & Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, or Business Administration, or related field is highly required.
• At least 10 years’ experience in software development industry.
• Current Certification in networking systems, applicable software, and hardware technology required.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in a healthcare setting with increasing responsibilities for management and support of healthcare information systems and information technology; direct management of a major Information Systems operation is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
• Expert in cutting edge software technologies.
• Experience with Operational Management, Research and Development, Strategic Market Planning, Business Development, Intellectual Property (Biology), Contracts and Negotiation, Technical instruments, production, design, Technology Assessment, Sales Management and Training, Product Management and Development, Product Commercialization, Stakeholder management, coaching and mentoring.
• Excellent communication skills linked with relationship building abilities.
• Specific experience with practice management, financial management and healthcare management information systems is a plus.
• Knowledge of local and wide area network design, implementation, and operation.
• Knowledge of business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management to include in-depth understanding of the key business issues in the healthcare industry (cost analysis, trends in the healthcare industry).
• Knowledge of system design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management.
• Skilled in negotiating with vendors, contractors, and others.