There is a life sciences revolution occurring being driven by the tremendous demand for cell and gene therapies. This demand coupled with the desire for collaboration, the availability of capital, regulatory mind shifts, technological developments, and bottlenecks in supply chains are creating tremendous opportunities for first movers and service providers. The Discovery Labs platform supports and drives this new environment by creating space for CGT Manufacturing, Research and Discovery and the all supporting services.
The Vice President, Supply Chain and Logistics will establish strategies and oversee their execution leading the Procurement, Logistics and Planning functions. The Vice President, Supply Chain and Logistics will oversee significant third-party supplier and vendor relationships and ensure optimal performance of the entire manufacturing supply network. The Vice President of Supply Chain and Logistics will ensure that systems for management of warehouse functions, Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) and materials management scale in support of a rapidly growing campus and manufacturing operations. The Vice President, Supply Chain and Logistics will manage, mentor, coach, and instruct planners, buyers, and logistics and supply chain personnel in the systems, processes, and their roles/responsibilities.
* Define resource requirements for Senior Management to fulfill operational needs to execute on Client demand and business goals.
* Responsible for management of the supply chain for the entire King of Prussia site including key vendor relationships, planning, procurement and logistics.
* Administer supply planning, procurement and forecasting of demand to guarantee resource requirements are met.
* Responsible for the development of a Sales and Operational Planning (S&OP) with Senior Management to drive attainment of Client delivery, revenue and margin targets.
* Manage the supply of critical materials to all units to ensure supply through accurate, real-time inventory management and continuous tracking of critical supplies.
* Develop and manage key vendor relationships to ensure availability of critical equipment, materials and uninterrupted supply.
* Responsible for deployment and implementation of enterprise software and MRP.
* Responsible for risk reduction measures through effective risk mitigation programs that focus on appropriate second source strategies, increasing capacities of vendors and shortening supply chain cycle times.
* Responsible for ensuring all US, EU, and other suppliers are compliant with local and international GMP/regulatory and import/export requirements by working closely with Quality and Regulatory functions.
* Responsible for minimizing variability and align logistics, forecasting, demand planning and sourcing to
ensure minimum financial impact and uninterrupted manufacturing operations and cold chain workflow.
* Responsible for maintaining accurate forecast models for Discovery Lab’s supply chain.
* Oversee the communication of business performance against key performance indicators and associated metrics for production plan adherence, customer service, and inventory management.
Education and Qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Logistics/Supply Chain or related business administration is required
with a certification in logistics or planning preferred.
* Experience with gene and cell therapy is preferred.
* APICS Certification and/or CPIM or CPM certifications preferred.
* At least 10-15 years of relevant logistics, courier management, national and preferably international air
logistics management, customs and import/export matters, site scheduling and planning for clinical
and/or commercial production in the pharma/biotech sectors, preferably with cell and gene therapy experience.
* Demonstrated technical skills and mindset in logistics and cold chain management, including supply chain
optimization in a cGMP environment.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of Pharmaceutical Supply Chain. International distribution experience preferred with a strong understanding of trade compliance.
* Scheduling/planning, purchasing, and inventory software experience.
* Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
Must be comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
Supply Chain Management
Seniority Level – Executive
Industry - Biotechnology
Employment Type - Full-time
Job Functions - Supply Chain