The Center for Breakthrough Medicines is on track to be the largest single-site cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization in the world. Our comprehensive service offering accelerates speed to market through supply chain disruption mitigation strategies, end-to-end program management expertise and unique platform technology with the ability to follow a molecule from idea to commercialization. CBM’s integrated approach provides high quality and consistent end-to-end manufacturing capability including: Process and Analytical Development; Plasmid DNA production; Viral Vector Production of Lentivirus; AAV and Adenovirus; Testing and Analytics; Autologous, Allogeneic and Gene-edited Cell Therapy Bioprocessing; and Cell banking. CBM’s horizontal and vertical integration provides one source throughout a product’s life cycle.
CBM’s mission is to accelerate the delivery and affordability of lifesaving and life-changing therapies from discovery to market by offering a complete solution for the development and commercialization of cell and gene therapies.
CBM is located just outside of Philadelphia in the Heart of Cellicon Valley on The Discovery Labs campus set on 300 acres with 2.4 million square feet of life sciences lab and manufacturing space, allowing clients to scale their development and manufacturing needs without ever having to change sites, while providing employees a true community campus experience focused exclusively on life sciences.
The Discovery Labs is a Global Platform Company inclusive of CBM, The Discovery Labs Properties, UniteIQ incubator labs, and The Colony, a unique investment and resource model enabling groundbreaking therapies to be brought to life.
The Center for Breakthrough Medicines at Discovery Labs is seeking a Marketing Manager to help drive campaign planning and execution to generate awareness and demand for the CDMO services and affiliate business units (as appropriate).
The successful individual will play a critical role in developing a compelling, customer-centric communications plan that engages various tactics and resources. The person will play an active role in strategizing and planning, with core functionality in day-to-day project management.
- Participate in go-to-market strategy sessions and project manage the tactical initiatives required to achieve them, including market intelligence, market development, channel strategy programs, and internal communications
- Define and execute on customer and market research programs to achieve recognition
- Build and maintain industry relationships, including interfacing with internal teams such as Sales, Scientific Support and Product management through regular field visits, conference attendance, and industry expert panel participation
- Work with internal partners including Business Development, Alliance Management, Technical Sales, Product Management and R&D to define actionable communications opportunities
- Work with internal marcom and liaise with external media agencies to develop campaign requirements, content, and creative
- Develop programs to define and establish CBM key opinion leaders (KOL) that align with communications roadmap and work to amplify KOL voices within appropriate channels
- Develop and execute engaging marketing campaigns to highlight the breadth of the portfolio and depth of scientific expertise
- Leverage existing content archive for use in social media, as well as other digital channels, as appropriate (web site, banners, paid publishing programs)
- Manage annual social media schedule with responsibility for aligning with agency on population and metrics analysis
- Event research, planning, and attendance (including booth set up, management, shipping, vendors, etc.)
- Analyze and monitor the effectiveness of programs, including marketing campaigns and new product launches, and direct adjustments to ensure maximum ROI on activities
- Maintain campaign metrics dashboards to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities
- Maintain knowledge of the trends and competitive activity
- Keep updated track of core competitor activity and refine programs, as needed
- Act as a brand ambassador, understanding, upholding, and communicating a CBM-focused strategy with a view to where the other brands can complement activities
- Interact with varying levels of leadership to report on progress and escalate challenges
- Undergraduate degree in Science, Marketing or Business required; advanced degrees a plus
- 5+ years experience in marketing required; commercial sales experience considered/applicable
- Experience in driving B2B marketing campaigns in multiple channels
- Experience working with KOL strategy and engagement
- Comprehensive marketing background within the biopharma, diagnostic, and/or life science industry is preferred
- Technical/commercial experience with a CDMO or in a GMP environment is a plus
- Ability to understand and digest complex topics and produce anchored, value-driven messaging across multiple audiences
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources concurrently
- Demonstrated knowledge with digital marketing channels (social media, web, etc.) and metrics tools
- Exceptional communication, organization, analytical, digital, project management, and planning skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)