At GENETWORx Laboratory, we improve the health and wellness of lives around the world through dedicated research, experienced scientists, 21-st century technology, and in-depth diagnostics. Healthcare is personal and as such, the future needs to be, too. By intersecting genetic testing with personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics, we’re positioning our patients and empowering physicians with more precise, individualized, effective results.
As a leader in precision COVID-19 testing, GENETWORx provides unparalleled support, results, and clarity during these uncertain times. GENETWORx has armed healthcare providers, employers and universities with rapid and accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing which is essential for reopening businesses and communities.
Under minimal supervision and according to established procedures, policies and detailed instructions, provide all training for the billing system to staff including the creation of all training materials. This individual will serve as a leader responsible for engaging staff and implementing best practice workflows. This position interacts daily with team members and other departments in an effort to quickly resolve outstanding account balances while enhancing the patient and customer experience while promoting corporate integrity and compliance.
- Maintains training materials for billing system and updates materials to provide the latest information.
- Exhibits strong communication skills and positive attitude with internal (team members, other departments, and leadership) and external customers (patients, insurance companies, vendors, clients and employers).
- Defuses volatile situations in a calm, objective, and tactful manner. Directs customer complaints to management for immediate response if unable to resolve.
- Distributes internal policies and procedures to staff and embeds the application of internal policies and procedures within training curriculum.
- Conducts training sessions for all new employees including a diverse training schedule offered to existing employees that promote skill development and application execution.
- Develops and administers routine testing to include billing system use to monitor the effectiveness of training programs and trainer to employee knowledge transfer.
- Communicates performance concerns to key leadership stakeholders.
- Serves as a liaison on behalf of internal and external customers to maintain effective lab revenue cycle performance.
- Assists with leading staff meetings and provides education to internal department team members.
- Participates as a team member by performing additional assignments not directly related to the job description when workload requires and as directed by management.
- Selects priorities and organizes work and time to meet them in order of importance.
- Provides on-site training as required and participates in documented observations of workflows to ensure proper application and usage of billing system and policies and procedures.
- Performs office related support tasks, clerical duties and/or general office duties which may include creating reports, typing, filing, faxing, answering telephones, taking messages, and making copies.
- Generates reports and takes actions to report on Key Performance Indicators such as clean claim rate, days in accounts receivable, bad debt percentage, etc.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, initiative, and judgment.
- Exhibits poise, tact, and compassion dealing with patients
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- General knowledge acquired through completion of high school degree or equivalent.
- A comprehensive understanding of insurance requirements and regulations, contract benefits, credit and collection procedures, federally funded programs as well as a familiarity of laboratory terminology is required. This level of experience would generally be acquired through a five years’ experience in lab billing.
- Work requires excellent leadership with the ability to create action plans to meet operational performance metrics.
- Work requires advanced reading, writing and oral communication skills as well as the knowledge to perform mathematical calculations.
- The job requires proven experience in development and implementation of training materials.
- The job requires analytical and critical thinking ability in researching data as seen online, on standard reports, and on spreadsheets. In addition, the work requires demonstrated project and time management skills and an ability to work effectively over the phone and in a team environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in data entry and keyboarding skills.
- 4+ years' experience in a position meeting and communicating with the public.
- 4+ years of billing, payment posting, or account receivable experience in a healthcare setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, considering the values of RCA and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals.
Ability to effectively deal with difficult people: the ability to respond to difficult customer behavior with diplomacy and tact including defusing anger, creating rapport an influencing behavior.
May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.