At GENETWORx Laboratory, we improve the health and wellness of lives around the world through dedicated research, experienced scientists, 21-st century technology, and in-depth diagnostics. Healthcare is personal and as such, the future needs to be, too. By intersecting genetic testing with personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics, we’re positioning our patients and empowering physicians with more precise, individualized, effective results.
As a leader in precision COVID-19 testing, GENETWORx provides unparalleled support, results, and clarity during these uncertain times. GENETWORx has armed healthcare providers, employers and universities with rapid and accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing which is essential for reopening businesses and communities.
The Trainer, working under the supervision of the Training Supervisor for GENETWORx facility located in Glen Allen, VA will be responsible for the execution of operational, role specific and technological trainings, providing remedial training for staff at the request of site leadership as well as assist with facilitating the onboarding of new employees by providing the introduction and company overview via New Hire Orientation training topics. The Trainer's role will be to ensure all employees are performing laboratory procedures according to accepted process and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). This ensures the work being done is consistent among employees, yielding high quality and efficiency, as well as provide consistency of experience and brand for the customer.
- Ensure through formal trainings, and one-on-one lab procedure coaching, that all employees in the Molecular and Clinical Lab settings are well-educated in their job functions. This may include, but is not limited to, detailed operational lab procedures, company policies and procedures, workflow and the use of technology/software in the course of each staff member's day-to-day activities.
- Provide formal New Hire training through orientation topics such as HR policies, software logins, Safety & Health requirements, lab QA/QC overview, and SOP access.
- Demonstrate and champion "One Process," ensuring all employees are following the same process in achieving completion of their duties.
- Provide training and admin support for the training department with training tracking and data input.
- Assist in continuous development and duplication of training materials.
- Ensure training sessions are completed thoroughly, on time, and within budget.
- Collaborate with site Training Supervisor and Training Team to implement new initiatives.
- Incorporate approved changes into ongoing training activities, at the direction and support of the Training Supervisor.
- Work closely with leadership staff members to ensure their success in their role, including role specific tasks, functions and technology needs.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor Degree required in Chemical, Physical, Biological Science or Medical Laboratory with working knowledge of Laboratory software & sample analysis. Bachelor Degree or higher in Molecular Biology, preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in training/education preferred.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: molecular analysis, medical records, sample tracking, HR onboarding, technical lab software.
- Exceptional organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedules. May involve all 3 shifts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, HR software and various lab analysis and reporting software.
- Experience in lab software, lab instrumentation such as PCR, auto pipetting, RNA/DNA extraction, mass spec., etc.
- Dedication to success, flexible and attention to detail
- Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Planning: Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
- Presentation: Effectively deliver content that meets the needs, wants, and levels of participants, and that can be effectively transferred from the classroom to the workplace.
- Learning Environment: Trainings and trainers support environments that are conducive to teaching and encouraging learning, including the application of effective adult learning skills, within the workplace setting.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full-time position with rotation work shifts as needed. Typical Days and hours of work are routinely Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional weekend work and shift changes will be required as job duties demand.
This job operates in a professional testing laboratory environment. Will be working around infectious human body fluids. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for hours while training, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel to other laboratory locations will be required for training purposes.
Reports to: Training Supervisor