At GENETWORx Laboratory, we improve the health and wellness of lives around the world through dedicated research, experienced scientists, 21-st century technology, and in-depth diagnostics. Healthcare is personal and as such, the future needs to be, too. By intersecting genetic testing with personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics, we’re positioning our patients and empowering physicians with more precise, individualized, effective results.
As a leader in precision COVID-19 testing, GENETWORx provides unparalleled support, results, and clarity during these uncertain times. GENETWORx has armed healthcare providers, employers and universities with rapid and accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing which is essential for reopening businesses and communities.
Provides superior customer service in identifying patient payment responsibility for uninsured, out of network, or high deductible insurance plans. Following established standard operating procedures and designated tools, the Patient Services Representative (PSR) will determine out of pocket expense for the patient. The PSR informs patients in advance of applicable patient personal responsibility in connection with health insurance reimbursement for laboratory services providing the patient with the necessary details needed to make an informed decision regarding payment for services.
- Serves as primary point of contact between patients, clients, and ordering providers.
- Exhibits exceptional telephone etiquette in a manner consistent with policy documenting necessary information from the patient in order to obtain applicable personal patient responsibility for laboratory service(s)
- Contact payors to obtain details regarding specific laboratory services and plan benefits.
- Collect required documentation from patients electing to pay for services directly (Self-Pay Election Form).
- Request payment from patients and record payments in appropriate system(s) using standard operating procedures.
- Obtain electronic signatures for electronic payments.
- Able to prioritize and adjust workload as needed.
- Demonstrates world class customer service in accordance with the laboratory revenue cycle department service excellence standards when responding to patient or client verbal and written correspondence.
- Exhibits strong communication skills and positive attitude with internal (team members, other departments, and leadership) and external customers (patients, clients, insurance companies, vendors, and employers).
- Defuses volatile situations in a calm, objective, and tactful manner. Directs customer complaints to management for immediate response if unable to resolve.
- Understands third-party eligibility and benefit inquiry tools and applications, requirements, and regulatory guidelines.
- Assist management in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Perform office related support tasks, clerical duties and/or general office duties which may include creating reports, typing, filing, faxing, answering telephones, taking messages, and making copies.
- Projects/Maintains a positive attitude and conducts his/herself in a manner conducive to improving the working environment and morale and supporting leadership initiatives.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Comprehensive understanding of insurance requirements and regulations, contract benefits, credit and collection procedures, as well as a familiarity of medical terminology is required. This level of experience would generally be acquired through two years’ experience in medical billing.
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment in a confident, professional manner.
- Must be a self-motivator, possessing a high level of judgment skills and initiative, along with ability to prioritize and coordinate several tasks simultaneously, while retaining a confident, knowledgeable, and helpful demeanor.
- Advanced reading, writing and oral communication skills as well as ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of insurance including Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, PPO, Commercial insurance verification and familiarity of ICD-10 coding.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite.