GENETWORx Laboratory was formed in 2013, with the central focus of positively impacting the lives of people. Now, GENETWORx is dedicating our focus to fighting back against COVID-19. GENETWORx provides governments, employers, healthcare professionals, long term care facilities, universities and others with 99% accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and anti-body tests and sequential testing software in order to re-open America and ensure safe, confident workforces, campuses, communities and more.
Given the demand for the GENETWORx COVID-19 tests, you have the unique opportunity to join a growing team providing the gold standard in testing and customer service. We are dedicated to delivering high quality care and are invested in hiring experienced, dedicated professionals who will grow alongside GENETWORx.
GENETWORx is CAP accredited and CLIA-certified laboratory, and is owned by Recovery Centers of America. Achieving the CAP accreditation combined with the CLIA certification demonstrates GENETWORx’s unwavering commitment to patient care. GENETWORx is working within the emergency use authorization guidelines from the United States Food and Drug Administration ("FDA") to specifically conduct COVID-19 testing.
Data Processing Manager: The Data Processing Manager is responsible for the operational and personnel management of the inbound laboratory data, in accordance with established department policies and standards. This individual must be well versed in clinical lab procedures and the duties that come with managing large groups of employees. The Data Processing Manager will ensure employee compliance with all regulatory requirements mandated by appropriate State and Federal accrediting and licensing agencies.
- Managing the day to day of a large volume clinical laboratory and a team of over 75 employees.
- Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of the methods employed in the laboratory and the use of the resulting information through experience and continuing education activities.
- Train other personnel in the proper laboratory methods.
- Coordinate the scheduling of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift employees and ensure that each employee is where they are meant to be at all times.
- Follow laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, while ensuring all employees do the same.
- Ensure the accuracy of and report any issues with the data processing software to senior level management.
- Communicate with accounts and clients regarding clinical questions regarding results of testing methodology.
- Assist laboratory manager with inventory.
- Participate in activities required to support all necessary licensure for the clinical laboratory, including quality management functions and on-site inspections (CLIA, CAP).
- Ensure each employee performs only those high complexity tests that are authorized by the laboratory director and requires a degree of skill commensurate with the individual's education, training or experience, and technical abilities.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, established policies and procedures, and document all quality control activities
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3+ year of supervisory experience in a clinical lab or pharmaceutical manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Data Processing systems.
- Ability to read, understand, and comply with detailed procedures that ensure the safety of employees.
-Must be flexible to work different shifts, such as Saturdays and evenings based on the needs of the lab.
-Interpersonal skills are essential. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management.
-Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a cohesive team that together completes daily sample intake and processing in a timely manner.
-Ability to multitask and prioritize duties to meet deadlines.
-Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills are essential.
Employment: Full-time in Glen Allen, VA