GENETWORx Laboratory was formed in 2013, with the central focus of positively impacting the lives of people. Now, GENETWORx is dedicating our focus to fighting back against COVID-19. GENETWORx provides governments, employers, healthcare professionals, long term care facilities, universities, and others with 99% accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and anti-body tests and sequential testing software in order to re-open America and ensure safe, confident workforces, campuses, communities and more.
Given the demand for the GENETWORx COVID-19 tests, you have the unique opportunity to join a growing team providing the gold standard in testing and customer service. We are dedicated to delivering high-quality care and are invested in hiring experienced, dedicated professionals who will grow alongside GENETWORx.
GENETWORx is CAP-accredited and CLIA-certified laboratory, and is owned by Recovery Centers of America. Achieving the CAP accreditation combined with the CLIA certification demonstrates GENETWORx’s unwavering commitment to patient care. GENETWORx is working within the emergency use authorization guidelines from the United States Food and Drug Administration ("FDA") to specifically conduct COVID-19 testing.
Job Description: Production Director - Molecular
The director’s role is to ensure production meets volume and quality targets in the molecular lab. This ensures that patient’s results are delivered according to their needs and our obligations, and that
The director role includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
* Manage lab process cadence, optimizing output and meeting growth targets.
* Execute capacity upgrades in accordance with forecast.
* Optimize staff production efficiency.
* Establish clear communication channels from shop floor to management, including production targets, actuals, accountability.
* Establish a culture focused on production excellence, attention to detail, and zero-defects.
* Drive continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives, goal of removing 100% of non-value-add activities.
* Develop skillsets and strong leadership focus of supervisors.
* Minimum BS degree in an engineering discipline or biological science preferred.
* Experience managing a multi-step, highly technical production operation and optimizing production flow.
* Formal Six Sigma and/or LEAN training is a plus.
* Experience establishing tiered reporting systems and visual management.
* Development of staff and supervisors. Coaching and mentoring of a broad cross section of skills and personalities.
* Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing business, each day providing different challenges than the last.