GENETWORx Laboratory was formed in 2013, with the central focus of positively impacting the lives of people. Now, GENETWORx is dedicating our focus to fighting back against COVID-19. GENETWORx provides governments, employers, healthcare professionals, long term care facilities, universities and others with 99% accurate COVID-19 diagnostic and anti-body tests and sequential testing software in order to re-open America and ensure safe, confident workforces, campuses, communities and more.
Given demand for the GENETWORx COVID-19 tests, you have the unique opportunity to join a growing team providing the gold standard in testing and customer service. We are dedicated to delivering high quality care and are invested in hiring experienced, dedicated professionals who will grow alongside GENETWORx.
GENETWORx is CAP accredited and CLIA-certified laboratory, and is owned by Recovery Centers of America. Achieving the CAP accreditation combined with the CLIA certification demonstrates GENETWORx’s unwavering commitment to patient care. GENETWORx is working within the emergency use authorization guidelines from the United States Food and Drug Administration ("FDA") to specifically conduct COVID-19 testing.
As a Six Sigma Black Belt Manufacturing Line Expert, you will lead cross-functional teams to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness through the implementation of Lean and Six Sigma projects. Project leadership includes collaborating throughout the business to identify and justify opportunities, launching project teams, removing and elevating project barriers, coaching to drive sustainable results, reporting project status and celebrating business impacts.
You will be responsible to establish and implement a common site approach for critical metrics, Lean/Six Sigma Tools and Continuous Improvement. Implement and improve process for overall Site Performance Reviews and provide process leadership for the annual goal and target setting process.
* Execute cross-functional Lean projects aligned to business objectives leading to improved process flow, quality and/or cost savings
* Collaborate with both the leadership team and other team members, both at site and in US by working collaboratively—seeks input and demonstrates appreciation for diverse views and works across boundaries to establish common purpose and goals to deliver value to the business.
* Coach continuous improvement methods to leverage sound statistical analysis in making data driven decisions throughout the business.
* Tracking of Lean and Six Sigma projects, identifying project aligned to business goals, coordinating coaching and training, partnering at all levels within the business for project identification and selection, and regular leadership reviews to monitor results.
* Lead the continuous growth and application of Lean Six Sigma methodology across the site
* Conceive, develop, validate, and share ideas leading to new or improved processes and systems to realize objectives
* Assist teams and leadership within the company to select, prioritize, and charter Lean Six Sigma projects
* Encourage and mentor resources trained in Lean Six Sigma methods to continue to apply methods
* Identify and eliminate sources of variation and Non-Value added waste using Lean Six Sigma structured problem-solving methodology
* Teach team members and build capabilities in Lean Six Sigma structured problem-solving methodology
* Lead mega variability reduction and process optimization projects spanning across multiple assets/mills
* Analyze expected improvements and routinely report project status or results to the management team using standardized metrics
* Coordinate cross-departmental projects to implement changes for improved performance
* When needed, perform analyses such as process and/or value stream mapping, root-cause, risk, and requirements data gathering
* Other duties as required
* 5+ years of professional level experience leading and coaching improvement teams.
* Proven Experience delivering sustainable results using statistical analysis tools, project management, Lean and Six Sigma methods.
* Must be a results-oriented 'change agent' who is an effective business systems thinker.
* Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization to maintain relationships and cooperation.
* Project management and cross-functional team leadership skills
* Must be able to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals
* Strong statistical analysis foundation
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Minimum 5 years of experience applying lean and six sigma processes to an assembly, test, service and/or sales environment
* Advanced degree in business or a technical discipline preferred.